Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > History of Mac OS 9

History of Mac OS 9
budihandoko
Jan 30, 2000, 10:21 PM

Anybody here knows about the history of Mac OS 9? Or anybody has some screen image of the OS? I plan to buy one, but not sure about the interface. Hope you guys can help me. Thank you very much.

------------------
From me
Budi

blizzard
Moderator Emeritus
Jan 31, 2000, 09:05 PM

If you wanna see a really accurate image of Mac OS 9 at work, then assuming you're running any Mac OS above 8.0, just switch to the desktop of the computer you're on. Or, they all look exactly the same. Personally, I wouldn't recommend buying OS 9: there just isn't enough there for me to make a recommendation. It seems slower than 8.5.1, takes a bit longer to boot, holds a hell of a llot more memory...sure, there's Sherlock 2 (cool) and multiuser (probably cool if I didn't disable it because it was really slow), but now much beyond that. Maybe someone else here will sing a different tune, but I say: Wait until OS X, when you'll really be wowed. Assuming that it's all it currently appears it will be.
Living, working, and freezing in the Canadian north.

Forum Links
Forum Rules