Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Audio CDs Crashing

Audio CDs Crashing
Pioneer70
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 27, 2002, 12:22 AM

Although I use a PowerBook, I don't think that this is PowerBook specific, so I am posting here...

I originally thought I was crashing because of iTunes and Audion, but I was mistaken. It is the audio CDs themselves which are causing me to crash, somehow. Crashes seem more likely when I have an active internet connection, but that isn't always the case. I don't crash on the "first" CD - that goes OK. It is only when I eject that a problem happens - either at that point, or when I insert another CD (even if it is the same CD again). Everything freezes, although I can move the mouse around. I cannot force-quit the finder. All I can do is force-restart.

What on earth could be happening? This really has be bothered. Granted, I don't have the absolute latest version of the system (I'm on 9.0.4), but I do have the most recent version of the CD/DVD driver that I know of (1.3.5) and Audio CD Access (5.1). However, that shouldn't matter. It's not like I am using some experimental OS. There is no good reason why audio CDs should be freezing up my system, no matter what version I am using.

Can anyone help?

Forum Links
Forum Rules