Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > Speed Startup by Casady & Green

Speed Startup by Casady & Green
Cletus Waldman
Nov 23, 1999, 11:05 PM

Anyone;

I want to confirm that Speed Startup by Casady & Green does in fact work with MacOS 9.

I have been hunting for this--but have not seen either conflicts reported or confirmation
of an update or anything.

Thanks

Cletus

Nov 23, 1999, 11:25 PM

It works fine for me! (B/W G3 450 MHz, 384 MB RAM, VM off)

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 25, 1999, 05:38 PM

Just a comment, I have yet to try it under 9.0 but my system only spends an actual 10-15 seconds max loading extensions on Blue G3. Just installed a 22GXP Deskstar IBM ATA/66 that supports 240Mbps.

I've never considered Speed Startup a good buy for the 1 or 3 secs it saves. Just one more extension to the mix.

Cletus Waldman
Nov 26, 1999, 03:24 PM

Hey There!

Thanks for the repsonses. I have added it back into the mix for my G3/266 and Mac OS 9- It has caused zero problems.

It is true on some machines the start-up benefits are nil to minor. In my case it reads on average around 28-35 seconds. Which I generally appreciate more during a restart then first start-up of the day.

Considering then that it doesn't conflict and that I already own it I will use it for the retart benefits and Zoom Rects deletion.

Cletus

Forum Links
Forum Rules