Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 12' PB G4 867MHZ Backlight Problem

12' PB G4 867MHZ Backlight Problem
xnet
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 27, 2009, 07:24 AM

Having the following problem, and need help:

Subject: 12' Powerbook G4 867MHZ
Problem: the Backlight is not working. Everything else is working perfect. On startup you can see very slightly the content on the screen, so LCD is not broken. I also exchanged the Inverter, and its fine. I ran a check probing the Pins to the Inverter, and found the following...

there is this socket on the Logic Board, which connects to the Inverter, and has following Pins.
1 - RED +12V Supply for LCD
2 - BLACK 0V REF GROUND
3 - YELLOW +5V SUPPLY
4- GREEN 0V AT ZERO BRIGHTNESS AND +3.2V AT 100% BRIGHTNESS (CONTROL LINE).

Probing this all things are correct, but Pin 1 fails. There is no 12V output on this one. I checked the Fuse F1, but it seems okey. On both sides on F1 Probing reads 12 V

So what could be the Cause, that the 12 Volts from the F1 does not appear on Pin 1 of the Inverter Socket ??

The PB Was Dropped, and the Problem appeared right after the Drop. But since everything else works fine, I think its worth trying to repair the PB.

I do not have a Circuitplan of the PB, so I dont know where to search. Can annyone support me with some help to this problem...

Forum Links
Forum Rules