Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Democrat Senator Feinstein Resigns over Scandal

Democrat Senator Feinstein Resigns over Scandal
Orion27
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2007, 02:17 PM

Don't look for the story in the MSM. You won't find it. Read here about Feinstein's big push for Ethics, Lobbying and Election reform prior to her resignation:
.: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: Issue Statements :.

And the here: Why she resigned: News & Culture in CA | Dianne Feinstein resigns

Why the MSM coverup?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2007, 02:43 PM

Nice misleading thread title, Mr. Sensational.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Buckaroo
Professional Poster
Apr 1, 2007, 03:05 PM

Damn. I thought you had some really good news like she resigned from the Senate.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2007, 03:10 PM

Bad thread! BAD!
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

nonhuman
Posting Junkie
Apr 1, 2007, 03:18 PM

Damn you, I was all excited that Feinstein had resigned from the senate. Oh well, at least she's not my senator anymore. Not that Kerry and Kennedy are a whole lot better...

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 1, 2007, 04:32 PM

and, it this thread was titled accurately:
"Dianne Feinstein resigns from the Military Construction Appropriations subcommittee"

Perhaps it's being "covered up" because it's not a big enough item to make it onto the radars of other news outlets.

Atomic Rooster
Apr 1, 2007, 07:10 PM

Damn, I got sucked in!

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2007, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by KarlG View Post
Nice misleading thread title, Mr. Sensational.
Nice of you to comment on the substance of the charges. Can't find an article to cut and paste in Feinsteins defense?

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2007, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Orion27 View Post
Nice of you to comment on the substance of the charges. Can't find an article to cut and paste in Feinsteins defense?
That's a convenient way for you to "rebut" me; make an assumption that I am looking for a way to defend her, while once again diverting attention away from the fact that you're nothing but a sensationalist, and as one sided as they come. You post a totally misleading thread title, then you attack the people who point it out. As others have already pointed out, you are indeed all the annoyance of marden, with none of the substance. You have no credibility, and, for whatever reason, you seem to be hell bent on making it worse than zero.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2007, 11:17 PM

when did marden get credibility?

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 08:15 AM

That's a convenient way for you to "rebut" me; make an assumption that I am looking for a way to defend her, while once again diverting attention away from the fact that you're nothing but a sensationalist, and as one sided as they come. You post a totally misleading thread title, then you attack the people who point it out. As others have already pointed out, you are indeed all the annoyance of marden, with none of the substance. You have no credibility, and, for whatever reason, you seem to be hell bent on making it worse than zero.
You make my point so succinctly.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2007, 11:16 AM

Pray tell, what would that point be?

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 11:46 AM

Pray tell, what would that point be?
That since the MSM is not covering the story, you have nothing to say. I'll just have accept your defacto "no comment" just as the MSM has no comment.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2007, 12:24 PM

What would you like me to say? That if irregularities are found, she should be investigated and punished if guilty? There, I said it, and that's what I believe. I don't care for her anyway. Shes' pro gun control, and she supports a flag burning amendment, which shows me she doesn't understand free speech or citizens' rights. But, since you're nothing but a blind partisan hack, you just posted this because she's a Democrat, and that's because you don't understand that everything isn't so black and white as you think it is. It must suck to be so narrow minded. You keep proving my point, which is that you're an angry little man, who has no objectivity, and who keeps stabbing at the air, hoping someday to wound someone.

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 12:45 PM

What would you like me to say? That if irregularities are found, she should be investigated and punished if guilty? There, I said it, and that's what I believe. I don't care for her anyway. Shes' pro gun control, and she supports a flag burning amendment, which shows me she doesn't understand free speech or citizens' rights. But, since you're nothing but a blind partisan hack, you just posted this because she's a Democrat, and that's because you don't understand that everything isn't so black and white as you think it is. It must suck to be so narrow minded. You keep proving my point, which is that you're an angry little man, who has no objectivity, and who keeps stabbing at the air, hoping someday to wound someone.
Thank you. Maybe you could now write letter to your congressman seeking censure or impeachment. I have.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 12:54 PM

Ey, it is a thread by the errr challenged person..

:looks at thread:

Yep is a waste of space, like the OP. Maybe he can talk to some of the muslims that flew planes into the WTC and ask them to end his existence.

V
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
Ey, it is a thread by the errr challenged person..

:looks at thread:

Yep is a waste of space, like the OP. Maybe he can talk to some of the muslims that flew planes into the WTC and ask them to end his existence.

V
From one who accuses the British of ethnic cleansing in Gibralta. Who are you kidding?

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Apr 2, 2007, 01:30 PM

Let's role-play.

Hi! I'm this thread! I suck!
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 01:35 PM

From one who accuses the British of ethnic cleansing in Gibralta.
Gibraltar. This is not about some imaginary union of Gibraltar and Malta, although that may have already occurred in your bizzarro world.

The British did indeed remove the Spanish people who lived in Gibraltar against their will when they invaded and took over. This is documented history and fact. In the real world.

There may be some medication for insanity, but I have bad news for you. There is no known cure for stupidity. You'll just have to live with it.

V

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
Let's role-play.

Especially when people start to make threats.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 01:38 PM

Let's role-play.

Hi! I'm this thread! I'm stupid and a waste of space! Not to mention everyone's time!

V

Dakar²
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2007, 01:39 PM

Let's role-play.

Hi! I'm an innocent member who has fallen for the misleading title!

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 02:39 PM

Let's role-play.

[Joe Public who's knowledge is based entirely on what he sees in the headlines]
Finally, Feinstein has resigned! Now the Republicans will take back the Senate. Winning the White House in '08 is in the bag!
[/Joe Public who's knowledge is based entirely on what he sees in the headlines]

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Skeleton View Post
when did marden get credibility?
He never really had that much credibility, but his big toe was as smart as Orion.

Marden was very smart, but misguided and overbearing. Orion is a silly twit with nothing useful to say.

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by sek929 View Post
He never really had that much credibility, but his big toe was as smart as Orion.

Marden was very smart, but misguided and overbearing. Orion is a silly twit with nothing useful to say.
Have you ever reviewed the history of your posts here on McNN? You're a regular freakin' genius.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 04:13 PM

Have you ever reviewed the history of your posts here on McNN? You're a regular freakin' genius.
sek929 is right.

V

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 04:15 PM

I never claimed I was a genius, but I'm not a rabid Democrat-hating Conservative circle-jerking mindless drone like you.

Now quick! Somewhere, someone is posting an article trashing Democrats and you're not reading it and then posting it here.

Go now! the fate of the Republican party rests in your hands.

sek929
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by voodoo View Post
sek929 is right.

V
Thanks Voodoo

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2007, 05:00 PM

That would be something to be thankful for!

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 05:01 PM

Thanks Voodoo
De nada tío

V

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 07:04 PM

I never claimed I was a genius, but I'm not a rabid Democrat-hating Conservative circle-jerking mindless drone like you.

Now quick! Somewhere, someone is posting an article trashing Democrats and you're not reading it and then posting it here.

Gee, and I thought we were going to have a nice discussion on ethics when I started this thread. I shouldn't have expected more here than ad hominem attacks. I know how big the three of you are on ethics especially KarlG. Here's a word from the Chairman of the Ethics Committee, US Senate. .: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: Issue Statements :.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Apr 2, 2007, 07:07 PM

Gee, and I thought we were going to have a nice discussion on ethics when I started this thread. I shouldn't have expected more here than ad hominem attacks. I know how big the three of you are on ethics especially KarlG. Here's a word from the Chairman of the Ethics Committee, US Senate. .: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: Issue Statements :.
Maybe you should have used a correct title to your thread then.

V

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2007, 07:21 PM

Keep twisting and spinning, don't you? It's been pointed out to you before, and not just by me, that you do nothing but post misleading and sensationalistic threads, and you did the exact same thing here. You start every thread with your blatant biases and you call people names, like simpleton, yet you expect us to believe that you're interested in having a "nice discussion," while your actions speak completely contradictorially. You're a rabid Democrat hater, and you're about as interested in having a "nice discussion" as the pope is in converting to Judaism.

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 07:44 PM

Keep twisting and spinning, don't you? It's been pointed out to you before, and not just by me, that you do nothing but post misleading and sensationalistic threads, and you did the exact same thing here. You start every thread with your blatant biases and you call people names, like simpleton, yet you expect us to believe that you're interested in having a "nice discussion," while your actions speak completely contradictorially. You're a rabid Democrat hater, and you're about as interested in having a "nice discussion" as the pope is in converting to Judaism.
Never used the word simpleton, and I haven't been name calling, so you slander. I would review several of your last posts here and in other threads before you make a further fool of yourself. I will agree on one point> The link to Diane Feinsteins Senate Web Page, Where she talks about her Chairmanship of the Ethics Commitee? It is misleading and sensationalistic. By the way, when did you become a citizen of Spain?

Edit: KarlG I thought I was responding to Sven, the Spaniard. So ignor my remark about becoming a citizen of Spain. Sven has been a little rough in his last posts so ignor that reference too!
( Last edited by Orion27; Apr 2, 2007 at 07:57 PM. )

tie
Professional Poster
Apr 2, 2007, 07:47 PM

Is Feinstein a terrorist?

Hopefully, typoon will drop by and let us know. Or maybe Crash will come by to call Feinstein names. Gotta love this forum.
The 4 o'clock train will be a bus.
It will depart at 20 minutes to 5.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2007, 08:41 PM

Never used the word simpleton, and I haven't been name calling, so you slander. I would review several of your last posts here and in other threads before you make a further fool of yourself. I will agree on one point> The link to Diane Feinsteins Senate Web Page, Where she talks about her Chairmanship of the Ethics Commitee? It is misleading and sensationalistic. By the way, when did you become a citizen of Spain?

Edit: KarlG I thought I was responding to Sven, the Spaniard. So ignor my remark about becoming a citizen of Spain. Sven has been a little rough in his last posts so ignor that reference too!
BUSTED!

Your memory isn't so good, but that's not surprising. http://forums.macnn.com/95/political...xico-to-u-s/2/

"Listen you whimpering simpleton, I have limited time on my hands to counter the BS you defend and or tender as fact. Anyone, even you could see the footnotes. I should have given an attribution if not only in deference to your abjectivity but perhaps offering a token to your enlightenment. You gotta do better than this. Pathetic. Not that Wikipedia is peer reviewed and not open to challenges or the fact the critique of Mexico was taken from a State Department document (without attribution), which I'm sure is equally suspect despite being run by Liberal Careerists. Don't forget to take your med's. Depression kills."

----------------------------------------------------

You got caught cutting and pasting without attributing it to the proper sources, which makes it look like your own thoughts; that's ethically and intellectually dishonest, period, so you had to resort to name calling and ad hominem attacks (which you've called others out on, but apparently conclude it's okay for you to engage in) to "defend" your indefensible position. It's typical of you.

The other point you apparently won't acknowledge is that it is you who posted the sensationalistic and misleading thread title. Senator Feinstein did not resign from the Senate, as is clearly the implication of your thread title. That's what is misleading and also intellectually dishonest. A number of people read the thread title, thinking that Sen. Feinstein had resigned from the Senate, which was not the case, yet your reply to me, part of which I've highlighted above, once again shows how you attempt to twist the issue by passing blame on to Senator Feinstein's web site! Do you clearly not see what's happening here, or are you purposely denying what you're doing? You've also posted several other threads with sensationalistic titles, such as the one about Obama, the Magic Negro, and the thread about the church he belongs to allegedly being racist, complete with all your usual blathering about nothing.

You, sir, have no shame, and are nothing but a opportunist who thinks he can "win" an argument by engaging in name calling, dishonesty, and ourtight fraud, and hypocrisy. You also might do well to take your own advice and get some depression medication, as your anger and obvious depression could indeed kill you. I don't use the stuff, but I do appreciate your concern.
( Last edited by OldManMac; Apr 2, 2007 at 08:53 PM. )

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Apr 2, 2007, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by tie View Post
Is Feinstein a terrorist?

Hopefully, typoon will drop by and let us know. Or maybe Crash will come by to call Feinstein names. Gotta love this forum.

Hey tie,

You should come over to my forum. We are a revolution in the making. I challenge you to help shape the path that we shall all walk upon as we boldly head into this new age...

You guys are welcome too, we have marden there now!

Orion27  (op)
Mac Elite
Apr 2, 2007, 08:58 PM

:
Sorry I hurt your feelings. You have to admit my posts have been more composed of late.
No name calling, just calling out! And what about Feinstein and her Ethics Committee Chairmanship? Just waiting for a chance to for another Feinstein Resigns thread. I quote Feinstein: "The gross misconduct and influence peddling that surfaced in such a serious way in the 109th Congress must be addressed. It’s critical that we close the revolving door, toughen public disclosure of lobbyist activity, ban lobbyist gift and travel, and shut down “pay-to-play” schemes."
Time for her to resign. Again.

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 2, 2007, 09:37 PM

It isn't about hurting my feelings, as you didn't; it's about denying responsibility for your actions, which you have great difficulty in doing. And what about you admitting that you posted a thread title that was meant to be sensational, and misleading? Everytime someone points something out to you, you keep glossing over points you don't want to admit you are wrong on. It's like you pretend that nothing exists but what you want to post. Besides, nothing you've posted yet changes the clear impression that you post here only to show your hatred of Democrats and that your hatred precludes any objectivity on your part.

Forum Links
Forum Rules