Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > Can not connect to certain websites?

Can not connect to certain websites?
dblader
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2009, 09:17 PM

Hey Guys,

I know that there are a few other threads about this but my problem is still unresolved.

I can't connect to avwproductions.com and its rather important that I have the ability to do so.

I used traceroute and it makes it about 15 hops out before it drops and stops working, I'm unsure of what todo next. I have a summer 2008 MacBook Pro with snow leopard. This problem occurs only when I'm plugged in to the Ethernet cable in my room I can reach the website on wireless, when I'm plugged in I can't connect to the site with safari, opera and firefox. I have also restarted my mac numerous times, made sure I had everything updated, and have reset the switch in my room. I have a Linksys EZXS55W EtherFast® 5-Port 10/100 Switch in my room.

Please help.

Simon
Posting Junkie
Nov 24, 2009, 05:41 AM

Sys Prefs > Network > Ethernet > DNS

Insert OpenDNS IPs 208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220.
•

Camelot
Mac Elite
Nov 26, 2009, 02:33 AM

There's not enough in your post to explain why, or debug/solve the problem.

First off, what happens when you try? What error message do you get?

Secondly, what address does avwproductions.com resolve to when on wired and wireless? Is it the same, or are they different?

Third, can you describe the wired network? Is this some sort of corporate or education network? Is the wireless the same network or some other?
Gods don't kill people - people with Gods kill people.

Forum Links
Forum Rules