Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Ipod Formating for PC ? Help !!!

Ipod Formating for PC ? Help !!!
Big-J-Dubb
Mar 14, 2005, 09:12 PM

Ok i have a ipod photo 40gig ok. I bought it at a store as a floor model so i got a huge discount nice i know. Now i tried to use the ipod driver software on a crappy old pc that oly has 128mb ram and win 98 not se. edition ok. Then i tired using my ipod on it but i saw an error message. ok then i read win2k service pak4 -or- winxp damn. So i did some diggin and found out about a win98 driver by some gut it works but now i have a proble. The reason i did this was my ibook has a cd-rom drive no dvd or cd-rw drive just cd. Ok so i tried it and now it says it needs to be formatted to run on win98 so is iut safe to reformat to a fat 32 file system. Will that work and will my ipod be ok and will my mac be able to read a fat 32 ipod file system. i found out even though my ipod say mac + pc but remember that i bought a floor model so i found out my ipod has hfs or mac file system. Anyways im new to ipod and macs but is this safe and has anyone done this before help thankz for the help

Forum Links
Forum Rules