Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Image Hosting...

Image Hosting...
Matt OS X
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:12 PM

I've always used the image hosting called "ImageShack" but since it changed and wont let me to post a direct image shown- instead it gives me a url address. I dont like it.

I know I must be a member but I dont use them often..

any other options??

"Unfortunately, no one can be told what Mac OS X is... you must see it for yourself."

CharlesS
Posting Junkie
Feb 26, 2005, 11:16 PM

Only way to figure out what options would be good for you would be for your to tell us a little more about what you're looking for. What price are you currently paying ImageShack? How much space/bandwidth do you need?

Ticking sound coming from a .pkg package? Don't let the .bom go off! Inspect it first with Pacifist. Macworld - five mice!

Matt OS X  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:20 PM

No, I'm not member of ImageShack at all. In the past, I just go there and 'host an image' then post up an image- then you could just see an image right there- nothing but an image. But now, it changed the system and require url address - I cannot post an image on Forum but a url address for you to click on it.

Get me?

"Unfortunately, no one can be told what Mac OS X is... you must see it for yourself."

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:22 PM

I don't understand. I use imageshack all the time (even now) for direct image linking.

You know that the "direct url" at the bottom of the uploaded image stats can be put in img tags, right?
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

Matt OS X  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:26 PM

Originally posted by CD Hanks:
I don't understand. I use imageshack all the time (even now) for direct image linking.

You know that the "direct url" at the bottom of the uploaded image stats can be put in img tags, right?
That's what I mean:

http://img171.exs.cx/img171/8866/picture16wj.jpg

I dont like it to have it pop up in a new window.. I want to post a image right here without going to a new window..

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:27 PM

I still don't understand.

edit: wait, are you saying you can't use thumbnails anymore?
<some witty quote that identifies my originality as a person except for the fact everyone else does the same thing>

Matt OS X  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:28 PM

I still don't understand.
How did you do that??

E's Lil Theorem
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:30 PM

Originally posted by Matt OS X:
How did you do that??
Put "[img]" at the beginning of the url and "[/img]" at the end of the url. Then, this http://img171.exs.cx/img171/8866/picture16wj.jpg
becomes this:

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:30 PM

Matt OS X  (op)
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:32 PM

http://forums.macnn.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq

edit:
Ohh ok. testing.......

EDIT: Got it... Thanks for your patience, guys.

CD Hanks
Mac Elite
Feb 26, 2005, 11:33 PM

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2005, 01:36 AM

least its working for you now...anyways i use photobucket for image hosting...i like em

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

DarwinX
Feb 27, 2005, 01:39 AM

Originally posted by nredman:
least its working for you now...anyways i use photobucket for image hosting...i like em
Hey...I just noticed your sig. Only time will tell right? I hope it works out. </endofftopicpost>

nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 27, 2005, 01:47 AM

Originally posted by DarwinX:
Hey...I just noticed your sig. Only time will tell right? I hope it works out. </endofftopicpost>
i we some other receivers that can leave the field early and fake moon fans but seriously i think nate burleson will have a break out year next year and who knows who they will pick up for wide receivers. at least lossing moss will make daunte look to throw to other people and not just toss it up to moss

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 27, 2005, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Matt OS X:
That's what I mean:

http://img171.exs.cx/img171/8866/picture16wj.jpg

I dont like it to have it pop up in a new window.. I want to post a image right here without going to a new window..
Image Shack gives me the option of directly posting a picture right after I upload it-no problem at all. It even has it all formatted with BB code (i.e. "[ img ]....[ /img ]"). I didn't see it at first, but when I scrolled down in the "host image" page, there it was. If you need to post an image that's already hosted there, then they don't give you that formatted URL-but all you need to do is use the Image button in the "Instant vB Code" under the MacNN Post Reply window (right between the Email and List buttons), and paste the URL in the window when it asks for it.

Here's a picture:

Funny...I can't get the Image button to work right now; not sure if it's a firewall problem or something else. If you enter "[ img ]" (without the quotes or spaces), then the "direct" URL of the image, and end it with "[ /img ] (again, no quotes or spaces), then it will work; that's what I did with the image I just posted here.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Feb 27, 2005, 11:40 AM

Originally posted by ghporter:
Funny...I can't get the Image button to work right now; not sure if it's a firewall problem or something else. If you enter "[ img ]" (without the quotes or spaces), then the "direct" URL of the image, and end it with "[ /img ] (again, no quotes or spaces), then it will work; that's what I did with the image I just posted here.
All those have been broken for a VERY long time.
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

ghporter
Administrator
Feb 27, 2005, 11:49 AM

I frequently use the Link button, and it works fine for me. But often I will hand-code quotes and such because of the habit the buttons have for placing anything you use them for at the end of the post.The only ones I couldn't get to work in a test just now were Image and Quote. Hmmm. It's not like manually coding them is a chore, but it's not something everyone wants to learn how to do...

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

Forum Links
Forum Rules