Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > No flu vaccine link to Guillain-Barré syndrome found

No flu vaccine link to Guillain-Barré syndrome found
olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2011, 01:37 PM

No Flu Vaccine Link To Guillain-Barré Syndrome Found - Science News

There is a rare immune disorder that causes the immune system to go haywire, and in some cases, can even lead to paralysis.

While unconfirmed, some people claimed it was caused by vaccines. A simple case of correlation, not causation. So the first swine flu vaccine in the 1970s was pulled off the market, and to this day, vaccines in general carry a general warning about Guillain-Barré syndrome.

A huge study done in China during the current bout with swine flu has demonstrated no link between the two. While the exact cause of Guillain-Barré syndrome may not be known, we can rule out that it's caused by vaccines.

Unfortunately, a study on 90 million people pales in comparison to Jenny McCarthy.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Laminar
Clinically Insane
Location: Iowa, how long can this be? Does it really ruin the left column spacing?
Feb 4, 2011, 03:41 PM

olePigeon  (op)
Clinically Insane
Feb 4, 2011, 03:42 PM

My other thread was about linking vaccines to autism. This thread is about linking vaccines to Guillain-Barré syndrome.

Coincidentally, the CDC has put up flyers in Santa Clara County schools. If you don't get your child vaccinated, they won't be allowed in public schools.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Forum Links
Forum Rules