Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > PB 15(1.5G,combo) battery=nightmare??

PB 15(1.5G,combo) battery=nightmare??
maCCer
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 5, 2005, 06:19 PM

how long the battery last if i am doing some basic operation, such as surfing web, music.
As i read a artical about the battery of PB 15, they concluded that: if you want have around 3 hours, you need turn to the screen brightness to only 2 or 3 bar, and turn BT and wireless down, let the CPU to Reduced model(can not remeber all the staff, at least 3 more to go).i can accept most of abve requirment BUT i think if you are at outdoor, only 2-3 BRIGHTNESS BAR is not good at all,it that true for PB 15?
There were once four people named Everybody, Somebody, Nobody and Anybody. Somebody had to do a job, but Nobody wanted to do it. Nobody could see that Anybody could do it, and Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Nobody ended up doing it, and it so happened that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

Ruahrc
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 6, 2005, 03:25 AM

I would say that if you are down to 2-3bars, reduced proc performance, no BT, no wireless, and all that- you'd be closer to 4 hours (and maybe even a smidgen more, depending on how heavy you are using the computer). With wireless on and the brightness up near max- that would probably give you 3 hours (maybe 2h45m or something). When I am on max battery conservation I am pushing 4 hours on my 15". Mine's only a 1.3GHz model though so maybe it has a slightly lower power consumption.

FWIW- I was able to run the standard version of The Fellowship of the Ring DVD (about 2h58m) from beginning to credit roll before the battery quit on me. Screen brightness was at 4-5 bars and the speakers were at about half volume. I felt that that was pretty good for battery life.

Ruahrc

CatOne
Mac Elite
Apr 6, 2005, 11:11 AM

Originally posted by maCCer:
how long the battery last if i am doing some basic operation, such as surfing web, music.
As i read a artical about the battery of PB 15, they concluded that: if you want have around 3 hours, you need turn to the screen brightness to only 2 or 3 bar, and turn BT and wireless down, let the CPU to Reduced model(can not remeber all the staff, at least 3 more to go).i can accept most of abve requirment BUT i think if you are at outdoor, only 2-3 BRIGHTNESS BAR is not good at all,it that true for PB 15?
Come on. Correct, you can't sit in BRIGHT SUNLIGHT and use your laptop for 4 hours. It's physics, man. Get a second battery and swap them, if you want to sit on the porch, have a margie, and surf the web. It's only $100 to pay for this nice convenience.

Forum Links
Forum Rules