Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Feedback > a.tribalfusion.com timed out and macnn

a.tribalfusion.com timed out and macnn
MacGallant
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 23, 2005, 04:02 PM

On the main page of macnn.com, the loading would stall and after a while, Safari's status bar said that there was an error in loading and I checked the activity window and it listed "a.tribalfusion.com timed out"

I started experiencing this problem on Macnn.com's homepage and randomly on the Macnn forums yesterday and today as well in regards to the website stalling and the a.tribalfusion.com timed out.

I resetted my cable modem and router but the problem persists. The website stalling/a.tribalfusion.com timed out is also happening to me on Appleinsider.com and occasionally on insidemacgames.com as well since yesterday.

Is anyone else experiencing the a.tribalfusion.com timed out as well on Macnn.com or am I the only one?

Do you guys think it is on tribalfusion's end (problems with their servers) that is causing all the stalling?

Any tips on solving the problem?
PowerMacG4 MDD Dual867Mhz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
2GB Ram, 128mb Radeon 9800 Pro, 80GB HD & 160GB HD
MacBook Black: Core2Duo 2.2Ghz, MacOSX 10.5.5 Leopard
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

MacGallant  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 23, 2005, 07:34 PM

The MacNN homepage/newspage would finish loading after with few errors reported in Safari's Activity window (mainly ads from a.tribalfusion.com failing to load due to "timed out" or "can't find host")

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Can anyone offer some feedback into how to resolve this?

Is the problem on a.tribalfusion.com's end (are they having server problems?)

EDIT: I tried going to their site (I googled them, they're apparently in business for website ads) at www.tribalfusion.com but after a while of loading it Safari says that it failed to open the page because the server www.tribalfusion.com can't be found.
Anyone care to chime in on this?
( Last edited by MacGallant; Dec 23, 2005 at 07:53 PM. )
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

MacGallant  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 23, 2005, 10:56 PM

Everything's ok now, with the tribalfusion ad server now working. . . and MacNN.com is back to normal now!
4GB Ram & 250GB HD

Forum Links
Forum Rules