Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > The new Lamy Dialog 2 ...

The new Lamy Dialog 2 ...
cmeisenzahl
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2006, 09:44 AM

I just ordered one of these. ;-)

"The new LAMYdialog 2 is the second exceptional writing instrument from the LAMY Design Dialog series, which in each case isdesigned in cooperation with internationally famous designers. The AMYdialog 2 is once again a solitary product, in this case a capless ink rollerball with a twist mechanism.This new pen was developed together with the designer Knud Holscher. Knud Holscher is one of Denmark's most highly-regarded designers and architects, and he has already created numerous design classics for companies such as ERCO, Georg Jensen, Husqvarna and Philips, toname but a few.

Product details: High-quality capless ink rollerball with twist mechanism - incorporates the popular mechanism of the LAMYswift: clip in / refill out and clip out / refill in - signal function for unambiguous clip operation. Body made of rhodium-treated stainless steel."
Lamy - Füllhalter | Kugelschreiber | Tintenroller | Druckbleistifte

Railroader
Banned
Oct 12, 2006, 09:58 AM

Good for you.

Personally I won't spend more than a dollar for a pen.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Oct 12, 2006, 10:24 AM

I splurge at the beginning of the schoolyear and spend $3 on a two pack.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 12, 2006, 10:47 AM

Does it improve hand-writing?

cmeisenzahl  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2006, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by rickey939
Does it improve hand-writing?
No, just another expensive diversion/hobby. ;-)

Ham Sandwich
Oct 12, 2006, 12:01 PM

How much did you snag that for?

I love pens (and office supplies) - as weird as that sounds. I love nothing more than perusing the shelves at the local office supply mega store and trying out new pens (nothing that fancy, mind you).

I also have a very strange Sharpie obsession, too. I have mulitple packs of Sharpies that I don't use - they're still in the pack from years ago. I just can't use them. And, if I see someone not using their Sharpie gingerly and crushing the point of it, I go a little mental. Weird, I know. I also had that problem with crayons as a kid. I'd have a 72 pack Crayola to just "look at" and another set to use.

analogika
Posting Junkie
Oct 12, 2006, 01:01 PM

Crayola boxes are beautiful. All those colours.

And damn, that's a nice pen. I love how the clip recesses.

My only really nice pen is a Fischer Space Pen that I got as a gift fifteen years ago. It's a little battered by now, but it is still a really, really nice pen that I always keep in my bag.

cmeisenzahl  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by screamingFit
How much did you snag that for?

I love pens (and office supplies) - as weird as that sounds. I love nothing more than perusing the shelves at the local office supply mega store and trying out new pens (nothing that fancy, mind you).

I also have a very strange Sharpie obsession, too. I have mulitple packs of Sharpies that I don't use - they're still in the pack from years ago. I just can't use them. And, if I see someone not using their Sharpie gingerly and crushing the point of it, I go a little mental. Weird, I know. I also had that problem with crayons as a kid. I'd have a 72 pack Crayola to just "look at" and another set to use.
swisherpens.com, great prices and service.

smacintush
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 13, 2006, 12:19 AM

Congratulations.

That's a really nice…um…pen.
Being in debt and celebrating a lower deficit is like being on a diet and celebrating the fact you gained two pounds this week instead of five.

Forum Links
Forum Rules