Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Myst IV sys requirments

Myst IV sys requirments
noiroi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2004, 10:39 AM

hi,
i'm thinking of buying Myst IV, but according to the system requirements on ubisoft's website (http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Myst+IV+...+%28Mac%29.htm) , it's unclear if i'll be able to run it on my PB 17" first revision (1 ghz), with nvidia geforce 4 mx.

did anybody try ?

in any case i think that it would be nice if users that successfully ran the game, would post on which machine they were able to do so.

thanx.

Skip Breakfast
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2004, 11:58 AM

You could download the demo...
PowerMac G4 Gigabit 1.2GHz, 896MB, 2x 80GB WD SE, Pioneer 107, Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB

Macintosh TV

noiroi  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2004, 02:21 PM

i've downloaded and installed the demo, and although very buggy (unexpectedly quit very often) it did seem run on my machine.
i'm still not sure though, if the demo and the released game have the same exact requirements.

anybody ?

parkds
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2004, 04:02 PM

I downloaded and played the demo soon after the demo was released and never had it unexpectedly quit. Maybe that is a sign of possible hardware limitations?

legacyb4
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2004, 05:21 PM

Runs fine on my G5/1.6 and stock video card; a few reports I've read indicate that the slight delay in transition when moving from place to place was deliberate and not an indication of how fast your machine; not sure how true that might be though.

Definitely not as smooth as the old Myst but you are trading up to some seriously eye-popping graphics. I've turned off the depth of field for now because it was making my eyes tired after staring at the screen too long. I've also noticed a bit of screen tear during some of the full screen movies (like the opening scene).

Cheers.
Macbook (Black) C2D/250GB/3GB | G5/1.6 250GBx2/2.0GB
Free Mobile Ringtone & Games Uploader | Flickr | Twitter

Forum Links
Forum Rules