Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > 17" brighter than Lombard G3?

17" brighter than Lombard G3?
nagromme
Senior User
Sep 29, 2003, 01:17 AM

I've never seen my Lombard next to a new PowerBook. The new ones look dim to me BUT they are in a brightly-lit store, which is hardly fair. And you'd think a newer LCD would be brighter.

Has anyone owned a Lombard G3 and a 17" G4? Is the 17" any brighter?

(How about compared to a 15" iMac? I know the iMac is brighter, but is it a huge difference?)

I'm spoiled by the brightness of my eMac, but I need a new PowerBook.

Thanks.
nagromme

SEkker
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 29, 2003, 11:41 AM

I was in a room full of Pismo and Lombards, and my PB17 screen was noticably brighter.

cdhostage
Mac Elite
Sep 29, 2003, 12:03 PM

Are you talking about Lombards with stock screens or newly-replaced ones? My Pismo dimmed over three years.
Actual conversation between UCLA and Stanford during a login on early Internet - U: I'm going to type an L! Did you get an L? S: I got one-one-four. L! U:Did you get the O? S: One-one-seven. U: <types G> S: The computer just crashed.

nagromme  (op)
Senior User
Sep 29, 2003, 05:36 PM

Thanks. I've actually set my eMac a bit dimmer so I'm not disappointed when I go back to using laptops!

In my case--the Lombard's a 1999 screen, not replaced. I've wondered if it may be dimmer, but it was too gradual to be sure. I think it may be yellower than when I got it too?
nagromme

Forum Links
Forum Rules