Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > NeXTXBlack theme

NeXTXBlack theme
KellyHogan
Banned
Location: The Breakaway Democratic Banana Republic of Jakichanistan.
Jan 27, 2002, 05:12 PM

Here is NeXTXBlack theme. As you can see from the pic it looks seamless with X-Windows/X-Darwin/Orborox-X. It is a far more professional looking theme that allows people to concentrate on their work rather than glossy buttons. I will make it available once I can figure out how to make the title bar text white.

Screenshot

[gzl: img to link]

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: gorgonzola ]

swiz
GUI Punk
Jan 27, 2002, 06:11 PM

I have already completed the NeXT theme for OSX. It doesnt have black title bars but theres no reason to have black title bars because Cocoa apps cannot have altered text titlebar colors. You will never be able to read the titles with black titlebar and black text.

NeXT -swiz

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: swiz ]

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

KellyHogan  (op)
Banned
Jan 27, 2002, 06:15 PM

Without the black title bars or correct widgets it doesn't look like NeXT or flow with X-Windows/Orobor. I hope the Cocoa title bar text will be fixed by someone who finds a way around it. Your link doesn't work but here is a pic of the real NeXT:

Screenshot

[gzl: img to link]

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: gorgonzola ]

swiz
GUI Punk
Jan 27, 2002, 06:18 PM

THe link is fixed now, its been a while since I posted the it. I agree that black titlebars are important too, Hopefully this becomes possible.

24" AlumiMac 2.4ghz C2D, 4g Ram, 300g HD, 750g USBHD • 80g iPod • 160g ATV • iPhone 3g

KellyHogan  (op)
Banned
Jan 27, 2002, 06:25 PM

This is a pic of NeXT theme running on Windows. It works exactly like the original NeXT and is very speedy. Also in the pic is WinAmp with a Quicktime skin.
http://www.a.dallarosa.btinternet.co.uk/nextwindows.jpg

MacGorilla
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 27, 2002, 06:35 PM

Oh boy its the battle of the of the NeXT Themes! The winners? Us end users! Keep it up, guys!
Power Macintosh Dual G4
SGI Indigo2 6.5.21f

Forum Links
Forum Rules