Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Help! my iCal file disappeared!

Help! my iCal file disappeared!
loehman
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 6, 2004, 03:03 PM

I have an iCal file that I publish with PHP ICalendar. When I went to update it today, it erased the whole file! Nada, zip. [ http://manzano.aps.edu/science/calendar/ ]

I still have the uploaded file on my school server, but iCal says it's an invalid file and won't import events.

First - did I do something wrong? I had a repeating event that wouldn't format right, so I deleted all the events of that type and then started to re-enter them. But nothing extreme.

Second - is there a way to import the data from the original uploaded file without retyping the whole thing?

Thanks.
Ellen Loehman
Albuquerque Public Schools

tRr
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 6, 2004, 06:29 PM

I know that you have to use the latest version of PHP Calendar for the repeating events to work properly...

I've only really played with PHP Calendar and am no expert. I can open the files off my PHP Calendar though, perhaps yours got corrupted on the server?

loehman  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 9, 2004, 10:54 PM

The problem with the recurring event not showing up correctly was on my Mac. So I decided to delete all instances of a recurring appointment and just make one and copy & paste. In the process of deleting all the instances, ALL the appointments disappeared.

They are still on the school server, and I can get that file, but when I try to open it on my Mac, it says it'a an invalid file.

But all the dates are there - I can see that in BBEdit.

(I did decide to upgrade to the new PHP iCalendar, but that was not the source of the problem.)
Ellen Loehman
Albuquerque Public Schools

Forum Links
Forum Rules