Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Total Annihilation by Cavedog

Total Annihilation by Cavedog
WinTroll
Forum Regular
Feb 12, 2003, 12:15 AM

Is there a way that I can play this in OSX 10.2.x?

Is there a version for OSX even?

This game was awesome!

Thanks.

iamnid
Senior User
Feb 12, 2003, 01:06 AM

I've been wondering the same thing... I'm really going to miss this game if I ever upgrade to a computer that can't run OS 9... well, I guess there's always classic, but classic sucks.

derekn
Senior User
Feb 14, 2003, 11:53 PM

Originally posted by WinTroll:
This game was awesome!
No, no, it's not WAS. LOL It IS awesome, still. I still have mine but haven't played it in awhile, I don't know if an X version is coming or not but I doubt it. Cavedog doesn't even exist anymore I believe. I loved Command and Conquer, when that got stale, I got Total Annihilation, now nothing. I guess we can only hope for a carbon version or a future real time strategy game that matches or exceeds it.

vsurfer
Senior User
Feb 15, 2003, 11:33 PM

Originally posted by derekn:
No, no, it's not WAS. LOL It IS awesome, still. I still have mine but haven't played it in awhile, I don't know if an X version is coming or not but I doubt it. Cavedog doesn't even exist anymore I believe.
As you say is still TOTALLY awesome. I've got Quake 3, Jedi Outcast, Ghost Recon, EV Nova, etc etc but Total Annihilation is still teh most played in my house. HArd to get at it cos the kids have taken it over.

Is there a way for me to reproduce that CD so I can play it on my Ti Book while they're on the iMac I wonder?

But it's worth keeping a 9 machine just for that. I doubt we'll see a version for X unless the rights are bought by someone new. It's a pity it's a great blend of action and strategy.

BTW I have found it playable in classic -- not as smooth as 9, but passable.

Scotttheking
Moderator Emeritus
Feb 17, 2003, 03:59 AM

I'm putting OS9 on my G4 again, and this game is one of the reasons why. (Dual boot)
My website
Help me pay for college. Click for more info.

derekn
Senior User
Feb 17, 2003, 04:56 PM

Originally posted by vsurfer:
Is there a way for me to reproduce that CD so I can play it on my Ti Book while they're on the iMac I wonder?
Yeah I think you can just duplicate it in Toast, or you might just be able to create a disk copy image with the same name as the CD and try that.

I can attest to how good it is in Classic BTW, I was playing that game in classic on the Public Beta. LOL I didn't see any problems but I haven't played it since that time. LOL I'm getting the itch to put that on and SimCity 3000 (eek!!) too. Yes 3000 sucks but it is a fun game.

Attack of classic only games. LOL

jamesa
Grizzled Veteran
Feb 22, 2003, 08:02 AM

email westlake - they did the port.

I did it ages ago, maybe a few more mails might drum up some interest.

-- james

Forum Links
Forum Rules