Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Possible Thanksgiving Sale on PB's

Possible Thanksgiving Sale on PB's
Cards1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2002, 02:56 PM

Another possible solution for saving money on the new PB's is to wait for the Thanksgiving sale that Apple is having.

http://www.apple.com/retail/thanksgiving/

Last time Apple had this type of event it was for Jaguar. The stores offered 10% off everything in the store. If Apple were to do this again, you could save approx. $300 off a PBSD. Those who have not gotten their PB's by then might check it out to see if indeed there is a savings.

pjmurphy
Forum Regular
Nov 23, 2002, 07:07 PM

does anyone know Apple Store policies? I JUST bought my PB 2 days ago.. if they do indeed have a sale, will they honor it on my sale? $300 would be quite nice..

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2002, 07:13 PM

Originally posted by pjmurphy:
does anyone know Apple Store policies? I JUST bought my PB 2 days ago.. if they do indeed have a sale, will they honor it on my sale? $300 would be quite nice..
Should Apple reduce its price on any product shipped to the United States within 10 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-793-9378 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 business days of shipment.

that is exact quote from: http://developer.apple.com/membership/usa.html

same rules should apply for regular purchase but u should call apple to make sure...
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

msykes
Senior User
Nov 24, 2002, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by RMXO:

Should Apple reduce its price on any product shipped to the United States within 10 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Sales Support at 1-800-793-9378 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 business days of shipment.

that is exact quote from: http://developer.apple.com/membership/usa.html

same rules should apply for regular purchase but u should call apple to make sure...
Sounds promising... but does a sale actually count as a reduction in price? Sounds like this might apply only to a reduction in MSRP, or something along those lines. Not trying to be pessimistic :-)

lokjah
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 24, 2002, 12:58 AM

yeah and considering how long its taking them to get them out to us, i cant imagine anyone who orders next week having them by Christmas.

unless they beef up stock, but with an additional $300 knock off of price, the demand may be really large.

seems like the demand has been large enough at the price cuts now that they shouldnt need to cut it anymore.

l�k
iron sharpens iron

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2002, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by lokjah:
yeah and considering how long its taking them to get them out to us, i cant imagine anyone who orders next week having them by Christmas.

unless they beef up stock, but with an additional $300 knock off of price, the demand may be really large.

seems like the demand has been large enough at the price cuts now that they shouldnt need to cut it anymore.

l�k
honesty i have to agree with yah on this one. i might be ordering soon from ADC & hopefully i dont have to wait til next yr to get mine.....

sunkist
Banned
Nov 24, 2002, 01:29 AM

Originally posted by RMXO:

honesty i have to agree with yah on this one. i might be ordering soon from ADC & hopefully i dont have to wait til next yr to get mine.....
Well, I ordered ADC 11am on 11/6 and I haven't receieved mine. You may be ringing in the new year with an old mac.

-Chris

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2002, 02:14 AM

Originally posted by sunkist:
Well, I ordered ADC 11am on 11/6 and I haven't receieved mine. You may be ringing in the new year with an old mac.

-Chris
this is what im afraid of, but the amount of $ Im gonna save going this route is worth it. plus, i still dont have to give up my 800 DVI to my girl til i get my new one....

Cards1  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 24, 2002, 02:17 AM

Of course, IF Apple does have a sale on Friday in the store, you had freaking better get there early. Those PB's won't last long!!!

mrchin
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 24, 2002, 05:16 AM

The only way to get the reduction on your Ti would be not to open it, Then return it during the sale and just exchange it for itself for the reduced price if any. Maybe, they'll let you do that, but that's the only way.
Dual 2.0 G5/2.5GB/ATI 9800 Pro | MacBook Pro 2.16 Gore Duo/2GB/ATI X1600

Forum Links
Forum Rules