Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Got My knuckles rapped by Apple

Got My knuckles rapped by Apple
urrl5201
Jan 13, 2003, 10:37 PM

I received this e-mail today from Apple:

"Your post titled "? Best Solution for cleaning Titanium?" has been removed from
Apple Discussions. Posts including (but not limited to) any of the following are
not appropriate:
* Discussions of Apple policies and procedures (including pricing and repair
policies)
* Speculations about future Apple decisions
* Questions about unreleased products
* Posts in the technical forums that are not directly related to a technical
support issue
* Polls, petitions, auctions, or advertisements
* Posts that are only complaints
* Posts which contain or imply abusive or obscene language
* Posts which are abusive to other Discussions users
Please see the Overview section at http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX/help
for more information on the purpose of the Apple discussion forums, as well as
the terms and conditions for posting on Apple Discussions. Each Discussion user
is required to agree to these terms before gaining posting privileges. You
reserve the right to not post on Apple Discussions should you disagree with
these terms.
Sometimes you have comments or concerns for which there is no technical
response. If you need the kind of help that a troubleshooting expert can't
provide, you can call Apple's Customer Relations group.���
++++++++++
This message is sent from a send-only email account. Any replies sent to this
address are deleted automatically by the system. "

The nerve of those guys! All I did was answer a guys post. The guy claimed to be a perfectionist and asked what was the best way to keep his brand spanking new Ghz Ti from loosing paint. I recommended paint remover, saying it would save him the misery of watching his perfect Ti shed its paint over a period of 6 months. A quick dissappointment, I reasoned would be better than 6 months of depression over the Ti's painted finish. Apparrently the Apple forum moderator did not think my remark was very funny. Sad no one can take a little humor over there...

Atef's Carcase
Banned
Location: In Berlin, hangin' with the Lackey of Saddam, Gerhardt Schr�der.
Jan 13, 2003, 11:31 PM

you might be intelligent, but what you wrote was dumb. The mod was right for bustin' your chops; you will not find sympathy here.

Daniel Bayer
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 13, 2003, 11:43 PM

Wow!

That was not very cool or true, why post it?
I have posted some things that have been what I thought were borderline but not downright BS.

P.S. Carcase...how do you post the jpegs in your signature? I have been trying to figure it out.

db
"I'll take a extra layer of ram on that
gigaflop sandwich mister"

urrl5201  (op)
Jan 14, 2003, 12:11 AM

I wonder if there is anyone besides carcase who takes my remark to Apple seriously? He actually thinks my feelings were hurt and I am looking for sympathy! Unbelievable! Now I'm laughing even harder than when I received Apples e-mail!

El Magnificante
Forum Regular
Jan 14, 2003, 12:27 AM

While I understand Apple not being pleased with your comment regarding paint remover, I find it not a little bit lame that Apple would remove is straightaway, regardless of their "guidelines."

This is actually an interesting scenario which epitomizes my experience with Apple and its users: their isn't much humour to go round regarding the (im)perfection of their "equipment."

Sad, really.

Personally, I found your comment funny.

Le Mag

blackgasmask
Jan 14, 2003, 12:55 AM

Originally posted by urrl5201:
I wonder if there is anyone besides carcase who takes my remark to Apple seriously? He actually thinks my feelings were hurt and I am looking for sympathy! Unbelievable! Now I'm laughing even harder than when I received Apples e-mail!

I agree. its ironic is that a company that markets their product with the implied notion that they're the laid back litttle brother of the tech world behaves repeatedly like the paranoid aluminum foil hat wearing uncle.

DVD Plaza
Senior User
Jan 14, 2003, 01:25 AM

I find your post quite funny, but I can also picture some innocent sod reading the post and quickly trying it - Apple then gets a heated call about the paint literally melting off their machine

Cipher13
Jan 14, 2003, 04:37 AM

Don't touch the Apple "Discussion" (and I use that word lightly) boards with a ten foot pole.

iBorg
Grizzled Veteran
Jan 14, 2003, 06:06 AM

Originally posted by Cipher13:
Don't touch the Apple "Discussion" (and I use that word lightly) boards with a ten foot pole.
I disagree - I've found quite alot of good information on those boards when I've had Apple problems, sometimes that has been the only help I've found.

I think that we all agree that it's frustrating to see the censorship that Apple applies there - however, I don't think you should expect Apple to provide free bandwidth for Apple-bashers to flame them in! After all, there are plenty of other websites to do this - many of them mac-centric, like MacNN forums!

I think that you have to have several sources of information, and the Apple Discussions Boards are just one of many.

iBorg

urrl5201  (op)
Jan 14, 2003, 07:21 AM

Thanks for the comments. I was beginning to think this was a forum for Apple personnel. Good to know thats not the case.

Forum Links
Forum Rules