Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Can't remove cell phone from BlueTooth File Exchange

Can't remove cell phone from BlueTooth File Exchange
jerseyfreeze
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2003, 10:49 AM

When I got rid of my T68, I deleted its pairing from my PowerBook and I added my Siemens S56 in the BlueTooth PrefPane. But when I use BlueTooth File Exchange to send a file to the phone, I always have to choose the S56 (because the T68 is still listed).

Is there anyway to remove that?

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2003, 12:19 PM

Short answer - go to the Bluetooth Prefpane and remove the pairing to the t68i.

Long answer - you had the "Favourite Devices" category selected in the BT File Exchange app Dialog. If you change the category pop-up to "Discovered Devices" you will only get devices that are actually present (and discoverable)

jerseyfreeze  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2003, 12:37 PM

Originally posted by Diggory Laycock:
Short answer - go to the Bluetooth Prefpane and remove the pairing to the t68i.

Long answer - you had the "Favourite Devices" category selected in the BT File Exchange app Dialog. If you change the category pop-up to "Discovered Devices" you will only get devices that are actually present (and discoverable)
Maybe my original post wasn't clear. I removed the pairing to the T68i a month or so ago, when I go the new phone. And yet, it still appears in the BT File Exchange dialog.

How do I remove it?

-Jason

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2003, 01:27 PM

Originally posted by jerseyfreeze:
Maybe my original post wasn't clear. I removed the pairing to the T68i a month or so ago, when I go the new phone. And yet, it still appears in the BT File Exchange dialog.

How do I remove it?

-Jason

jerseyfreeze  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2003, 02:14 PM

Right. In the BT pref pane, under "devices", I only have my Siemens S56 listed. But when I us BT File Exchange to send a file to my Siemes S56, the T68i is still listed if I've selected All Categories or Recent Devices. I'd like to remove it from that.

Thanks,

-Jason

Diggory Laycock
Professional Poster
Sep 1, 2003, 02:28 PM

weird - try removing it from your bluetooth preferences manually. (~/library/preferences/com.apple.bluetooth.plist)

or you could trash the prefs entirely.

kornhill
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 10, 2003, 03:33 AM

This is not wired. My friends and I also have this problem...

geekwagon
Senior User
Sep 10, 2003, 05:20 AM

Yup, I have the same problem. In my case I had a phone that I ended up exchanging (defective) and obviously the new handset has a different hardware address. I restored my backup onto the phone though, so the name ended up the same. So, now no matter how many times I delete from favorites, unpair/repair,etc I always have 2 of the same name show up everywhere.

And even better, no matter how many times I remove the phone from isync and re-add the new one, iSync keeps trying to talk to the old phone. Very annoying. I have been meaning to trash all the prefs (including iSync's) but I just haven't bothered yet. Whenever I reset iSync I always have 3 or 4 nervous syncs until I am sure that it isn't going to do something stupid and blow away all my data.

Developer
Addicted to MacNN
Sep 10, 2003, 06:13 AM

Originally posted by kornhill:
This is not wired.
That's the point of Bluetooth.
Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side: "Hey! how do I get across?" "You are across!" Nasrudin shouted back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules