Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > A little help please!

A little help please!
lunaticbunny
Forum Regular
Jun 4, 2003, 01:16 AM

Ever since I started playing around with themes the little clock in the finder bar, you know that clock that comes stock in osx, well the text colour has gone transparent and the only way to see it is if i highlight it with the mouse. i've tried everything and i can't it get back to black! grrr! someone help?!

Phoenix1701
Senior User
Jun 4, 2003, 01:51 AM

Sounds like one of the themes you installed changed the menu extra file for the clock. Your best bet would probably be to go download aquafix from VersionTracker, or look for a theme that has an Aqua Restore theme including the menu extras. (Perhaps Max, b00zo, Swiz, or Carbon would be able to point you in the direction of such a theme.)
In the worst case, you need to find a copy of the "Clock.menu" file to replace the one currently in /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/. Good luck!

lunaticbunny  (op)
Forum Regular
Jun 4, 2003, 02:19 AM

Originally posted by Phoenix1701:
Sounds like one of the themes you installed changed the menu extra file for the clock. Your best bet would probably be to go download aquafix from VersionTracker, or look for a theme that has an Aqua Restore theme including the menu extras. (Perhaps Max, b00zo, Swiz, or Carbon would be able to point you in the direction of such a theme.)
In the worst case, you need to find a copy of the "Clock.menu" file to replace the one currently in /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/. Good luck!
awesome! aquafix did the trick. thanks!!!

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Jun 4, 2003, 03:16 AM

AquaFix is great. It's saved my arse a few times.

Forum Links
Forum Rules