Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext MASHED UP IN Panther!!

IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext MASHED UP IN Panther!!
Targon
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 9, 2003, 08:14 AM

This kernel extension :

IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext

has been modified in Panther from 10.2.6. Whatever modifications were made have totally rendered my SCSI communication with my E-MU Sampler null. System Profiler no longer recognizes my SCSI sampling device, nor does ANY application that i have previously used for sending & receiving audio samples.

I hope the hell Apple fix this sh!t up in 10.3.1

The 10.3.1 update thread hear makes mention of the 'IOStorage.kext' but nothing is mentioned about the 'IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext'

Anyone deep with in Apple know what the status of this extension is? Are you aware its broken?

Please FIX ASAP....thanks

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 9, 2003, 12:21 PM

Originally posted by Targon:
This kernel extension :

IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext

has been modified in Panther from 10.2.6. Whatever modifications were made have totally rendered my SCSI communication with my E-MU Sampler null. System Profiler no longer recognizes my SCSI sampling device, nor does ANY application that i have previously used for sending & receiving audio samples.

I hope the hell Apple fix this sh!t up in 10.3.1

The 10.3.1 update thread hear makes mention of the 'IOStorage.kext' but nothing is mentioned about the 'IOSCSIParallelFamily.kext'

Anyone deep with in Apple know what the status of this extension is? Are you aware its broken?

Please FIX ASAP....thanks
Perhaps it's some other item in the operating system than that kext. Much has changed in all the low-level aspects of the operating system. Maybe the manufacturers need to update their drivers, for example.

barney ntd
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 9, 2003, 02:12 PM

Something iffy has definitely happened to SCSI. I have a CD writer & a slide scanner connected to an Adaptec 2906 SCSI card, and neither of them shows up in System Profiler under 10.3. I spent ages reinstalling everything I could think of, but nothing made any difference.

Eventually, I just tried using them; both work fine! The scanner works with VueScan, and the CD writer works in the finder and in Retrospect, exactly as in 10.2. Great relief, but still worth reporting to Apple.

Barney.

Forum Links
Forum Rules