Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > LOTR:TT demo segment recommendations?

LOTR:TT demo segment recommendations?
palmberg
Senior User
Nov 21, 2003, 12:02 PM

A friend's coming over for dinner tomorrow, and he wants to check out my surround system while he's here. UPS says my Two Towers DVD is in the mail today, but I won't have time to get through it all before tomorrow evening. Can anyone who has it now let me know what a good chapter might be for demonstrating a good DD5.1 sequence? Good bass, good channel separation?

Thanks!
I keep the Bible in a pool of blood so that none of its words can affect me.

Aiglos
Forum Regular
Nov 21, 2003, 12:56 PM

Originally posted by palmberg:
A friend's coming over for dinner tomorrow, and he wants to check out my surround system while he's here. UPS says my Two Towers DVD is in the mail today, but I won't have time to get through it all before tomorrow evening. Can anyone who has it now let me know what a good chapter might be for demonstrating a good DD5.1 sequence? Good bass, good channel separation?

Thanks!
I'm assuming this is the extended edition.

I'd suggest.
-The new scene with Boromir in Osgiliath. People cheering all around, etc.
-Any battle sequence in the Helm's deep chapter
-The ents trashing Isengard
-Anywhere where you're in Fangorn forrest and the tree's "talk" to each other. The resonance the subwoofer makes is just heart stopping. Perhaps best when Merry and Pippen are at the outskirts of Fangorn with the Uruk Hai because an ensuing attack by the Rohirrim occurs.
-The scene with the Mumakil (Oliphaunt) and the southrons.

That's all I can think of right now.

palmberg  (op)
Senior User
Nov 21, 2003, 03:23 PM

Originally posted by Aiglos:
I'm assuming this is the extended edition.

I'd suggest.
-The new scene with Boromir in Osgiliath. People cheering all around, etc.
-Any battle sequence in the Helm's deep chapter
-The ents trashing Isengard
-Anywhere where you're in Fangorn forrest and the tree's "talk" to each other. The resonance the subwoofer makes is just heart stopping. Perhaps best when Merry and Pippen are at the outskirts of Fangorn with the Uruk Hai because an ensuing attack by the Rohirrim occurs.
-The scene with the Mumakil (Oliphaunt) and the southrons.

That's all I can think of right now.
Great suggestions! I'd forgotten about all that low end in the Ents scenes. Perfect.

Yes, this is the extended version. It'll be interesting to hear what the DTS soundtrack is like, too.
I keep the Bible in a pool of blood so that none of its words can affect me.

Forum Links
Forum Rules