Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > iPhoto 4 can't upload to dot-mac account?

iPhoto 4 can't upload to dot-mac account?
diamondsw
Senior User
Mar 22, 2004, 09:38 PM

Since upgrading to iPhoto 4 (and now 4.0.1) I have been unable to upload photos to my homepage. I click the "Homepage" button and... nothing happens. I have plenty of space, and did this all the time in iPhoto 2.

Looking in the console, I see the following error appear when I click the "Homepage" button:

"2004-03-22 19:35:39.644 iPhoto[465] *** Assertion failure in -[ExtendedApplication _commonBeginModalSessionForWindow:relativeToWindow :modalDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo:], AppKit.subproj/NSApplication.m:2763
2004-03-22 19:35:39.646 iPhoto[465] Modal session requires modal window"

Any ideas or solutions?

gorickey
Posting Junkie
Mar 22, 2004, 09:40 PM

Did you install from the iLife '04 CD?

cpac
Professional Poster
Mar 22, 2004, 10:32 PM

yep, this is the problem you get when you download a copy of iPhoto 4 instead of buying it -- the services associated with it didn't get upgraded, so you need to get an iLife CD and install from that.
cpac

diamondsw  (op)
Senior User
Mar 23, 2004, 02:41 AM

Oh, alright. I have every intention of buying a Powerbook G5, so I'll get iLife at that point. Didn't see much point in buying it in the meantime, but I wanted to see if iPhoto 4 was that much better. To be honest, if I could downgrade back to iPhoto 2 I would - I don't need the speed or features, but now I don't know how to go back.

Not asking for sympathy, but if you know a way back out, it'd be appreciated. Thanks!

AKcrab
Moderator Emeritus
Mar 23, 2004, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by diamondsw:
Not asking for sympathy, but if you know a way back out, it'd be appreciated. Thanks!
My solution cost me $49... Yes, I did the exact same thing you did.

diamondsw  (op)
Senior User
Mar 23, 2004, 10:17 PM

Originally posted by AKcrab:
My solution cost me $49... Yes, I did the exact same thing you did.
True, that's always an option. I just would rather my solution cost $2,000 when the G5 powerbooks come out. It irks me to pay for something that I *know* will be given to me free later this year as part of a *larger* purchase. I don't blame Apple in any way for it, I just have a hard time with it.

Well, at least I know that this is my fault and not a bug. Sucks to be me, then.

Parky
Mac Elite
Mar 25, 2004, 07:41 AM

Will your new Powerbook be a replacement machine, or is it in addition to the one you have the iPhoto problem with.

If it is additional then to be legal you need to buy a copy for the machine you already have.

I guess these problems can be expected with illegal downloads.
To be honest I don't have much sympathy as you did steal the software in the first place.

You can delete iPhoto 4 and reinstall iPhoto 2.
You would then need to get the original photos from all the iPhoto directories in your Home folder and reimport them.

Ian
Computers - Au MacBook 2.4Ghz, iMac 24" 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo
iPods - 5GB original iPod, 4GB nano - Red, 1GB 2G shuffle - Silver, 4GB 3G Shuffle - Black, 16GB touch, 16GB nano Red, 16GB iPhone 3G.
OSX User Since Public Beta, current OS 10.6.1, iTS UK purchases - 5377 songs.... and growing!
My website - www.idparkinson.co.uk

diamondsw  (op)
Senior User
Mar 26, 2004, 11:41 PM

Originally posted by Parky:
Will your new Powerbook be a replacement machine, or is it in addition to the one you have the iPhoto problem with.

If it is additional then to be legal you need to buy a copy for the machine you already have.

I guess these problems can be expected with illegal downloads.
To be honest I don't have much sympathy as you did steal the software in the first place.

You can delete iPhoto 4 and reinstall iPhoto 2.
You would then need to get the original photos from all the iPhoto directories in your Home folder and reimport them.

Ian
It'll be a replacement. And no, not looking for any sympathy - I know I deserve the mess I got myself into. I'll look at moving back to iPhoto 2, but I hate to lose all of my roll data, etc.

Forum Links
Forum Rules