Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Booq 17" vs. Brenthaven 17" PB Backpacks ???

Booq 17" vs. Brenthaven 17" PB Backpacks ???
ZAPsx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 18, 2004, 09:25 PM

Hi Chaps,

Needs some buyers help here. Can anyone recommend the better backpack between the Booq Boa.XL System 17" backpack and the Brenthaven 17" backpack? Which one has more space for traveling folks like me who need to carry a few extra none computers things on there longhaul flights between countries?? Any recommendation would be great. I noted from the pictures that both seem rather small thickness wise, but the Booq does have a iPod compartment with a hole for the earphones and cable to come out of. Need the best one for long hual flight with extra space. They both come with extra sleeve for protection as well.

Cheers.
PowerBook G4 17-inch 1.5ghz Rev.C 128 Vram 80G 5400 Hardrive
250G Maxtor External Drive
Blue Mini iPod

KraziKid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 19, 2004, 12:41 AM

I haven't looked at the Booq, but when I was interested in getting the brenthaven, I looked at it, and it seemed awfully tight. It looked like it could only carry my PB, and maybe a small notebook, whereas my brenthaven side carry bag has plenty of room.
15 inch MacBook Pro 2.16 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 7200 RPM 100GB HDD.

Dual 2.5 GHz Power Mac G5, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, ATI Radeon X800XT.

quadraphonic
Jul 19, 2004, 12:46 AM

The InCase BackPack has a fair bit of room in it.. might be worth a look. It'll fit the 17s.
-quadraphonic
12" Rev C Powerbook G4, ComboDrive, 60GB HD, 256MB RAM

igorsway
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 19, 2004, 03:26 PM

I have a Brenthaven17" pack. It's boring but functional. If I was looking now, I'd get the Tom Bihn brain bag.

http://www.tombihn.com/Merchant2/mer...roduct_Count=1

hldan
Mac Elite
Jul 19, 2004, 03:35 PM

I have the Brenthaven. Very functional. Apple sells it at their retail stores. I like the internal (but removable) sleeve inside. It's well padded and protects my Powerbook from harm.
iMac 24" 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Extreme
500GB HDD
4GB Ram
Proud new Owner!

Forum Links
Forum Rules