Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Volume keys on Apple Extended Keyboard?

Volume keys on Apple Extended Keyboard?
Zim
Senior User
Jul 22, 2004, 10:27 AM

Any way to map keys on the Apple Extended Keyboard to perform the Volume Up/Down/Mute keys found on the PoS Apple USB keyboard? (finally gave up, got an iMate and breathed a sigh of relief to type on a real keyboard again).

I found PTHvolume 1.6.0 which would allegedly do this for me, (saw refs to a 1.6.1, but distribution is officially stopped), but could not get it to launch under 10.3.4.

Thanks,
Mike

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 22, 2004, 12:39 PM

You realize the Matias Tactile Pro keyboard is just what you're looking for? It's made with the same keyswitches as the Extended KB, but has the layout and USB connection of a Pro keyboard.

tooki

Zim  (op)
Senior User
Jul 22, 2004, 02:36 PM

Originally posted by tooki:
You realize the Matias Tactile Pro keyboard is just what you're looking for? It's made with the same keyswitches as the Extended KB, but has the layout and USB connection of a Pro keyboard.

tooki
I realize that option exists... however I also realize that I ALREADY _own_ 2 Apple ADB keyboards (1 will be for sale soon), so I'm trying to find an option that will work for what I have.

Mike

Forum Links
Forum Rules