Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > MS Word Help

MS Word Help
Spook E
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2005, 07:11 PM

Hi was wondering if its possible in Word to have the same string of text entered twice when you type it?

I'll use an example as it sounds a little odd I know.

Theres a two page protected document and at the top of each page (not in the header) theres a text field where you can enter someones name. Instead of having to enter the persons name on each page is it possible to type it on the first page and have it autofill on the second page?

Thanks in advance.

Edited to include bit about this not being in the header of the document
( Last edited by Spook E; Mar 20, 2005 at 08:13 PM. )

Luca Rescigno
Professional Poster
Mar 20, 2005, 07:18 PM

Yes, in fact I think it does that automatically. In the later versions, you just double click in the header area and it should automatically allow you to edit the page header. From there, any text you enter will be on each page. Also, you can insert a dynamic page number anywhere in the header by pressing the button that looks like a little page with a # sign on it. A toolbar should come up once you begin editing the header.

"That's Mama Luigi to you, Mario!" *wheeze*

Spook E  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2005, 08:14 PM

Thanks for the reply, however the area in question isnt in the header its just part of the regular page if that makes sense.

I was wondering if theres a VB script or something with XML that would do this?

Forum Links
Forum Rules