Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Legion Baseball Regional Tourney Time!

Legion Baseball Regional Tourney Time!
davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 11, 2005, 08:22 PM

After beating rival Billings Scarlets 4-3 (in 14 innings) for the Montana State Championship, my old team the Billings Royals are playing Twin Cities, WA right now. This is the Northwest Regional for American Legion baseball.

Live Game Stats for All Regionals

I remember playing in the Regionals in 1992. We won a game and lost two. No Billings team has been through to the World Series since the 1950s. But this year's team is very good, so I'm hopeful. Billings has quite a tradition in Legion ball, hopefully they can add to the traditon.

Any other former American Legion baseball players out here?

I first tried out when I was 13, was the last guy cut when I was 14. Played for the A level team (like JV) when I was 15, then the AA team when I was 16, 17, and half of the 18 year old year. Then my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and I wanted to stay home more, so I resigned and was given a coaching position with the A team.

Playing Legion ball was a great experience and still has an impact on my life. It's a great program that deserves our support.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Forum Links
Forum Rules