Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Happy with Handera - Any High Res PalmOS Drawing Apps?

Happy with Handera - Any High Res PalmOS Drawing Apps?
Judge_Fire
Mac Elite
Sep 18, 2001, 12:50 PM

Hey

Just got myself a Handera 330 ( http://www.handera.com ) with PalmOS and would appreciate some software recommendations, especially ones that benefit from the qvga screen and sideways viewing options.

I've had a Palm back in the Palm Pro days (way back), when it was still humanly possible to find apps, but today the sheer amount overwhelms me! If you know of a site with nice, clear ratings for apps in categories like 'Graphics', I'd love to know

Mostly, I'd be interested in a vector sketching app (high res) and some sort of photoviewer for some standard (.jpg, .bmp) format.

Any other Handera users here?

J

mikithecrackhead
Senior User
Sep 20, 2001, 09:59 PM

Sorry, I do not use the handera. But I want to know, How Mac-freindly is it? Is it compatible out of the box? Have you utilized the dual expansion slots? Good luck.
I could recomend software but I am not sure if the support the handera screen, but I could almost guaranty they would work with your new toy.B]my personal favorites[/B] <font color = red> Bug me ( just the plain old version works fine the $40 or $50 version does not impress me, Wordsmith, they should have a version just for the handera/ extra screen models and of course the free Avantgo </font>[
At least at the Asylum, they treat me with respect.

Indigo Boy
Dedicated MacNNer
Sep 21, 2001, 11:01 AM

Judge_Fire, I can't answer your specific questions about software for the HandEra, but here are some sites I've found interesting and helpful. Most of them rate the software or allow site users to write reviews.

Tucows
Palm Tracker (part of VersionTracker)
Handango
PalmGear

Hope that helps.

Forum Links
Forum Rules