Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Printing from mac to unsupported Minolta. Bonjour?

Printing from mac to unsupported Minolta. Bonjour?
mikulla
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 18, 2006, 08:35 PM

Hello.

I have recently got my family to switch to mac for their business. All is good, except they just signed a contract with minolta for their copier/fax/printer that does not support mac osx.

Unfortunately I don't have the model number on hand. I have looked at www.linuxprinting.org/ for driver solutions, but I didn't see the model (when I had it) number listed there.

Anyway, I was listening to Leo Lapporte on KFI and I heard someone mention using bonjour on windows networked to a printer and mac to print from a mac. Anyone know about this.

We do have a PC running windows xp that we can network with the printer and mac.

Or any other solutions would be helpful.

OreoCookie
May 19, 2006, 02:42 AM

If the printer supports postscript, you will have full support. However without so much as a model number, we cannot help you at all.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules