Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > WTB Macbook Pro

WTB Macbook Pro
quicksilver8907
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2007, 12:12 AM

Hey guys I am currently a high school student who will be going to film school soon. I am wanting a system to do some editing on and would like to switch to a mac. (I have been a pc user my whole life). I am looking for something that will last me my whole college life and will not let me down using final cut pro and/or express. Currently I only have 600 dollars but I am trying to save up some more. If you have a macbook pro that you could sell me for cheap please let me know. Help out a film student in need. Thanks email me at [email protected]
Tyler

Veritas&Equitas
Dedicated MacNNer
Apr 14, 2007, 12:31 AM

So wait, you want to buy a Macbook Pro for $600? Or you are saving money and will pay more for it? Simply put, if you're looking for a Macbook Pro for $600, you are going to be looking for a long, LONG time. If you can scrounge up like $1,000-1,100, you might be able to get a little luck with a 15'' 1.83 CD MBP or something like that, but otherwise, old 15'' Powerbooks don't even sell for that low.

quicksilver8907  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Apr 14, 2007, 01:01 AM

I am working on getting more money, but I was hoping that someone would be willing to help a film student out. But I am also saving up more money to purchase one. What specs should I be looking for?

Forum Links
Forum Rules