Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Team MacNN > Jumpy Cursor when dnet is running?

Jumpy Cursor when dnet is running?
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 17, 2007, 03:51 PM

I've got a mac pro running 10.5.1

I recently started to run RC5-72 again, a little bit. I'm noticing that when its running, my mouse has a tendency to jump around every few minutes. Its as if theres a hair under the sensor and the cursor will shoot around the screen. Except the bottom of my mouse is clean and it only happens when RC5 is running. It happens even when I only have 1 core running (25% cpu usage on my 4 core mac pro)

Anyone else have this problem on this machine or similar machines?

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 18, 2007, 01:32 AM

Hmmm nevermind. It doesn't even matter, I just read that RSA cancelled the contest, and dnet is apparently still going just for the hell of it. I'll have to find someplace else to make a team :-)

Billy
Forum Regular
Nov 18, 2007, 09:41 AM

I used to run dnet on my old Motorola PPC. It was good when the key was discovered after a few months. When the subsequent RC5-72 project started and it looked like it would take several years to find a solution, it seemed to me to be a waste of computer time. Today there are many other projects that can use the computer time and have more likelihood of finding solutions to problems and questions of interest. And this team is a good one that runs many of those interesting projects and has the added advantage of providing enhanced programs for the Macintosh computers which boost the rate of finding answers.
Originally Posted by l008com View Post
Hmmm nevermind. It doesn't even matter, I just read that RSA cancelled the contest, and dnet is apparently still going just for the hell of it. I'll have to find someplace else to make a team :-)

zombie67
Senior User
Nov 18, 2007, 11:54 AM

dnet has another project: OGR. You can run it directly with their own client, or via BOINC, at yoyo@home.

Forum Links
Forum Rules