Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > MBP - Apple customer service

MBP - Apple customer service
waddlefan
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2007, 10:38 AM

Hi there,

I won't bore everyone with details but I had issues with my Powerbook 12" 867 Mhz (out of warranty...) recently and have been highly impressed with Apple's customer service. Unable to replace the part I needed for the PB (think it was a logic board they needed), they promptly apologised that they could not repair the machine and instead, sent me a brand new 15" MacBook Pro. I really couldn't be happier - with the machine and their service.

Regardless of what many seem to think, Apple does care about it's customers.

Cold Warrior
Sep 30, 2007, 12:20 PM

That's crazy! But man you're a lucky dog.

Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2007, 01:34 PM

Send me your broken PowerBook?

maybe they'll do it again.

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2007, 02:30 PM

A similar thing happened with my parent's iMac. They had a G5 iMac, that had many documented problems from the day they bought it. Every time it went in for repairs, it came back in worse shape. About a year and a half after they purchased it, and after one repair too many (that broke something else) my dad get fed up, and got in contact with a VP of customer service. The same day, the local Apple store called them told them to come pick up their brand new 20" C2D iMac, and drop off the old broken machine. They transferred all the files over, etc.. That machine has been working great ever since. (it probably didn't hurt that my family has purchased an Apple computer of almost every-other generation since the Apple IIgs, from the IIgs, to an SE, Centris 650, Quadra 840av, numerous laptops, 3 iMacs, etc..).

My mom decided to upgrade the RAM, and add on Applecare.

So I think it really depends on the instance. If 3 years post purchase your screen dies out of nowhere, Apple probably isn't going to replace it. If, however, you have had it in for repair numerous times, and it has never worked correctly, they are much more willing to "make things right"

Forum Links
Forum Rules