Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Starwars KOTOR cheats help, please..

Starwars KOTOR cheats help, please..
UnixMac
Mac Elite
May 24, 2008, 10:59 AM

My little boy is playing SWKOTOR and is getting his butt kicked in the duals at the Cantina.. I seem to recall there were cheats for this game, but for the life of me, either by google search of forum search, I can find them.

How do I enable cheats in this game?

thanks gents.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
2 x Macbook Pro's 17" 3.06 4 GB RAM, 256GB Solid State drives
iMac 17" Core Duo 1GB RAM, & 2 iPhones 8GB, and a Nano in a pear tree!
Apple user since 1981

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2008, 11:03 AM

Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

UnixMac  (op)
Mac Elite
May 24, 2008, 11:13 AM

thanks for the quick response chuckit, but I've found this link before and I couldn't figure out how to do the cheat on the Mac? They are talking about A PC here, no? If I"m missing the obvious, forgive me.. give me the dummy version or something.
Mac Pro 3.0, ATI 5770 1GB VRAM, 10GB, 2xVelociraptor boot RAID, 4.5TB RAID0 storage, 30" & 20" Apple displays.
Apple user since 1981

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
May 24, 2008, 12:25 PM

As far as I know, it works exactly the same on the Mac version, except the program is located in /Applications rather than CProgram Files\LucasArts. You put the line "EnableCheats=1" in the swkotor.ini file and then you can enter the cheats in the game console.

(I don't have the game to test it myself or take screen shots, but I think it's supposed to work.)
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

exca1ibur
Mac Elite
May 24, 2008, 03:33 PM

You can't actually do all the duels back to back all in one shot, unless you are at the very end of getting off Taris.

Once you get to a part where you are getting your tail handed to you, level up a few times THEN go back. It makes it a bit easier as you have higher skills and more hit points.

hokie17
May 25, 2008, 08:54 AM

He's right, waiting on the duels until after the Black Vulkar base is gone will help a lot.
Al MB 2.4GHz 2GB DDR3

P
May 25, 2008, 10:17 AM

The last duel (Bendak Starkiller) is probably the hardest fight on Taris. If you're losing there, no big deal. Even the others can be quite tough, and it really helps if you've done the other missions and gathered some levels and some gear - especially grenades and those force field shields. Those two can win you any battle, if used right.

UnixMac  (op)
Mac Elite
May 25, 2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit View Post
As far as I know, it works exactly the same on the Mac version, except the program is located in /Applications rather than CProgram Files\LucasArts. You put the line "EnableCheats=1" in the swkotor.ini file and then you can enter the cheats in the game console.

(I don't have the game to test it myself or take screen shots, but I think it's supposed to work.)
Ok, thanks.. for the benefit of anyone else trying this, I'll post the problem/solution...

All the sites seem to direct you to do it for the PC, where the file is located as you state.. on the Mac, the file is actually located in the home/library/preferences/knights of the old republic/swkotor.ini

when you do a spotlight search, for what ever reason, it's not found, so you have to manually hunt it down.

As for the advise on how to do it correctly, thanks for the tips guys, but it's REALLY hard to get a 7 year old (who really shouldn't even be playing a rated T game anyway!) to be patient enough to do it that way... he wants to kist truck thru it!
Apple user since 1981

Forum Links
Forum Rules