Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Looking For a Song/Video Title

Looking For a Song/Video Title
ghporter
Administrator
May 3, 2008, 10:20 PM

I saw part of a video today, and heard much of the lyrics, but it was a busy place and it was hard to hear. The video ended without any notation of who was singing or what the song was.

The video's setting is a 1930s women's prison exploitation movie. The singer is blond with relatively short hair. There is a LOT of dancing. Much of the lyric content of the video is done by the singer in front of a very old style studio mic with a backdrop of newspapers with sensational headlines. The video ends with a failed "run for the gate" by all the women, with the singer getting through the inner gates but being stopped before she got to the outer gate.

I liked the music, the delivery and the style of the video, and I liked the singer a lot. Given that I don't often see music videos at all, I am completely clueless about who the singer is and what the song is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

- - e r i k - -
Posting Junkie
May 7, 2008, 06:03 AM

…any lyrics at all would be helpful

[ fb ] [ flickr ] [] [scl] [ last ] [ plaxo ]

ghporter  (op)
Administrator
May 7, 2008, 09:39 AM

Good point, but that's the problem...It sounds like the singer's talking about "Betty Lou" but I haven't managed to catch any other lyrics distinctly enough to even guess at them. I saw the video in a department store electronics section (a Sears, in fact), and there was enough hubub and background noise for the volume level to be just above inaudible...

Sherman Homan
Mac Elite
May 7, 2008, 09:43 AM

I suspect that the reason no one has posted an answer yet is because they are still busy going over the google hits when they typed in "prison girls dance"...

ghporter  (op)
Administrator
May 7, 2008, 09:56 AM

You're probably right...

Forum Links
Forum Rules