Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > wanted: Handspring Visor Deluxe (8mb) or Palm Pilot equivalent:

wanted: Handspring Visor Deluxe (8mb) or Palm Pilot equivalent:
Walker
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2001, 12:39 AM

email me if you are ready to upgrade to a new palm OS handheld and want to sell your old one.

thanks

[email protected]

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 17, 2001, 01:48 AM

Originally posted by Walker:
<STRONG>email me if you are ready to upgrade to a new palm OS handheld and want to sell your old one.

thanks

[email protected]</STRONG>
How much are you looking to spend?

I have a black Visor Deluxe, a Green translucent Visor Deluxe, and an extra Palm m100 2mb

I don't need to sell any of these, but let me know what you have in mind.

Victor Marks
[email protected]
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 17, 2001, 01:48 AM

<STRONG>email me if you are ready to upgrade to a new palm OS handheld and want to sell your old one.

thanks

[email protected]</STRONG>
How much are you looking to spend?

I have a black Visor Deluxe, a Green translucent Visor Deluxe, and an extra Palm m100 2mb

I don't need to sell any of these, but let me know what you have in mind.

Victor Marks
[email protected]
If this post is in the Lounge forum, it is likely to be my own opinion, and not representative of the position of MacNN.com.

bluehz
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 17, 2001, 05:52 AM

I just picked up a Visor Deluxe at the Gateway online store for $99 after attempting to buy on at CompUSA for the same price after rebate. Got it in 3 days from Gateway store with NO REBATE. I think that deal is over though. I saw a deal last week at http://compgeeks.com/visorpromo.asp for $99 Deluxe - refurbished one year warranty. Also - the CompUSA site now lists the Deluxe for $79 - not sure if that is after rebate or not. I wouldn't count on the CompUSA though - when I trie dto order before they were severely backordered to the point I would have never received it in time to submit the rebate.

Walker  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2001, 09:12 AM

Thanks for the heads up on the CompUSA price for the visor deluxe, Bluehz. They are offering a new visor deluxe for $79 (after $100) rebate. That is a fantastic price!

Vmarks, I would be willing to offer you $60 for one of your used visor deluxes, providing they come with all the original equipment (manuals, usb cradle, etc.). This would save me the hassle of doing the rebate.

Thanks,

lw

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 17, 2001, 10:49 AM

<STRONG>Thanks for the heads up on the CompUSA price for the visor deluxe, Bluehz. They are offering a new visor deluxe for $79 (after $100) rebate. That is a fantastic price!

Vmarks, I would be willing to offer you $60 for one of your used visor deluxes, providing they come with all the original equipment (manuals, usb cradle, etc.). This would save me the hassle of doing the rebate.

Thanks,

lw</STRONG>
I've got all my manuals, CDs, etc., but Walker, at $60, they're more useful to me. I bought them when they were first introduced at $249, when there was a waiting list to get them, and I'm not ready to upgrade just yet (still waiting for a visor Edge in color, or the Treo Color.)

Victor

Walker  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2001, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by vmarks:
<STRONG>

I've got all my manuals, CDs, etc., but Walker, at $60, they're more useful to me. I bought them when they were first introduced at $249, when there was a waiting list to get them, and I'm not ready to upgrade just yet (still waiting for a visor Edge in color, or the Treo Color.)

Victor</STRONG>
Understandable, Victor. I hope I didn't insult you with too low of an offer. I just ordered a new Visor Deluxe from CompUSA for $79 after rebate, and they assured me that it was in stock, so I should have it by Monday. So I'm feeling pretty happy with the way things are working out.

Just curious...how do you use 3 different handhelds?

lw

[ 10-17-2001: Message edited by: Walker ]

<LY>
Oct 17, 2001, 03:01 PM

Walker,
With the CompUsa deal don't you need to sign up/commit to some kind of service (cellphone?) before you can get the $100 rebate?

Walker  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 17, 2001, 04:50 PM

LY, you are the man! You just saved me $100! There wasn't any mention about any other "service purchases" until I looked at the actual rebate form itself. I called CompUSA, and the representative said they've been having a lot of problems with this. Hopefully they'll get it changed soon.

Anyway, my order has been canceled, and once again, I'm in the market for a Visor Deluxe. Victor, what is your asking price for the Visor?

Lanny

<LY>
Oct 17, 2001, 07:11 PM

Dell.com today ONLY
Wednesday Oct. 17th
20% off all software and accessories
Free shipping on $100+ orders
No sales tax (well at least not in CA)

They carry Handspring!

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Oct 17, 2001, 10:27 PM

Walker, I have more than 3 handhelds-
I currently own and use:
PalmPilot Professional 2mb
Palm III upgraded to 8mb (TRGnet upgrade)
Handspring Deluxe Graphite
Handspring Deluxe Green
m100 2mb -- in use
m100 2mb -- never been used

What do I use 6 handhelds for? good question, three of them are clones of each other, so that even with the backup modules, I don't risk losing data at any time, one is my first one, the palmpilot pro, sentimental reasons, the palm III was it's replacement, the handsprings- one I got in the first week they were taking orders, and the second one I got last week from a friend who had tried to overclock it in software- I reset it, and it works fine.

The 2 m100s are left over from the gifts that I gave my groomsmen.

down to business: pricewatch (http://www.pricewatch.com/1/76/3661-1.htm) shows the deluxe as going for about $150 to $160.

the m100s are probably worth about $100-120, that's just my guess. but you don't really want one of them anyhow, they don't have 8mb or a module slot like the handsprings do.

I'm not insulted by any offer you make, but don't be disappointed if I don't take you up on it- this is the buy/sell forum, it's not personal unless we make it so. I hope you don't think I'm leading you on, I don't *need* to sell, but if your offer is nice I might. I kinda felt good that you had found the rebate deal, and I'm sorry it fell through due to --
the large print giveth and the small print taketh away.

Victor Marks
[email protected]

nschneeberger01
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 18, 2001, 09:02 AM

Less than a month ago my Palm Professional took a dive on me. It had been working fine, and I went to turn it on and nothing. I checked the batteries, reset it, smacked it on the table a few times, still nothing. After six hours of web research I decided on a Visor Deluxe. I went to the Visor web site and bought a refurbished Visor for $119. It came sealed in an original box, looked brand new, and worked great. (I just checked and they're still the same price, look under "Special Offers".

Nathan

Forum Links
Forum Rules