Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Best media set up help please

Best media set up help please
matts360
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 16, 2009, 11:31 AM

Hi all

Lucky enough to be going on holiday to my overseas flat in the summer, and have a HDMI tv there, but have no satellite or owt, except a dvd player.
I want to get a media player set up permanently, that I can USB new .avi/mpg4/iso files to when I head out there on a stick to load up a library. Need something with HDMI output, that is mac os compatible, and has large hdd storage or usb to expand it. Not sure what to go for, mini, or dedicated media player or something.
Any suggestions? Quite like the Boxee to put on it as that seems to play any files. not bothered about getting wireless or internet, just a good capacity base to start with. Oh yes, and around £100 quid too..

Answers on a postcard...

cgc
Professional Poster
May 16, 2009, 02:25 PM

So you want it all and under 100 pounds? By "Mac OS Compatible" you mean it's networkable with Mac...not that it can run OSX?

How about an XBox 360 or original (hacked) XBox?

Forum Links
Forum Rules