Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Trouble Logging Into Hulu

Trouble Logging Into Hulu
l008com
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 5, 2012, 11:43 PM

Any else having problems logging in to Hulu lately?
I've had an account for years and it's always worked fine. But since the recent site update, here's what happens. If I'm logged into facebook, then when I go to hulu, I'm automatically logged into this random hulu account. I have to log out of that account and log back into my real hulu account. But that also logs me out of facebook. If I log into facebook while I'm on hulu, it will kick me out of my real account on hulu and back into this random account that is not my account.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 16, 2012, 05:36 PM

I can't be the only one having this problem? I can't use hulu and facebook at the same time and it's driving me nuts.

Here is the email address in this facebook hulu account that auto-logs in every thime I go to hulu:

[email protected]

This is craziness.

imitchellg5
Posting Junkie
Oct 16, 2012, 08:58 PM

I've had issues as well. For me, I'd log on via email address and it'd instantly log me back off. Clearing cookies did nothing, but for some reason it works with private browsing.

SSharon
Professional Poster
Oct 17, 2012, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by imitchellg5 View Post
I've had issues as well. For me, I'd log on via email address and it'd instantly log me back off. Clearing cookies did nothing, but for some reason it works with private browsing.
What do you mean by works with private browsing?

I have private browsing on in Safari and notice that even if I close and reopen hulu I'm still logged in. Maybe this is the correct behavior, but I wouldn't have thought so.
AT&T iPhone 5S and 6; 13" MBP; MDD G4.

l008com  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 20, 2012, 11:13 PM

I believe I fixed the problem. Apparently I had added the hulu app to my facebook account. There was no sign of this app on facebook.com, but I found it on the facebook iphone app. So from the iPhone app, I removed the app and now I seem to be able to log in normally on my computer. :/

Forum Links
Forum Rules