Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > News > Tech News > Apple premieres iTunes Radio streaming service

Apple premieres iTunes Radio streaming service
NewsPoster
MacNN Staff
Jun 10, 2013, 03:20 PM

As a part of unveiling iOS 7, Apple today confirmed the existence of a new streaming service, iTunes Radio. The service will be accessible through iTunes, iOS, and the Apple TV; in iOS it will be built into an overhauled Music app. People can listen to custom or featured stations, and like Pandora skip songs, and vote to have the service play more of a certain kind of song or never play a track again. Tracks can also be added to an iTunes wishlist.

The service is launching in tandem with iOS 7 in the fall. It will initially be restricted to the US, but should expand to more regions over time. Ad-supported listening will be free, but people with an annual iTunes Match subscription will operate ad-free.
( Last edited by NewsPoster; Jun 10, 2013 at 05:14 PM. )

coffeetime
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 10, 2013, 09:21 PM

Typical Apple. Took someone's else idea (Pandora) and made it into their own..... and made it even better (of course).

Ham Sandwich
Jun 11, 2013, 02:58 PM

You're still limited to 6 skips per hour, which I think is a stupid BS limitation. See my rant from earlier:

http://forums.macnn.com/112/mac-news...o/#post4231195

And why the need for a new music service anyway? We already have radio stations in iTunes. You know how much DnB is there anyway? A lot, all day.

osterman57
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 12, 2013, 02:40 PM

Is anyone else have the same problem I am. I have 25 diverse artists in my radio station, but iradio is only playing one genre. In addtion, it is only playing one or two of the artists in my station and is constantly repeating songs. Thanks.

Forum Links
Forum Rules