Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Prescott "Don't Mess with Me. I'm a British Politician"

Prescott "Don't Mess with Me. I'm a British Politician"
SunSeeker
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2001, 02:26 AM

Did you see John Prescott.

He Punched a guy who hit him with an egg, doesn't get much more human than that.

He would get my vote

------------------

Sunseeker Has Left The Building!

Dont forget to visit Graphics/Illustration.
Especially Hot Photoshop Tips

dante
Forum Regular
May 18, 2001, 02:55 AM

Yeah, great left jab!

Could you imagine Peter Costello doing that? He�d going crying to his mummy. Geez our pollies are boring.

cheerios
Professional Poster
May 18, 2001, 02:59 AM

Who's John Prescott??? How come someone egged him???

------------------

...it's only life after all!
--Indigo Girls
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

SunSeeker  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2001, 03:00 AM

I'm a bit of a liar. I don't actually live in Australia......yet.
I therefore have no clue who peter costello is.

I guess I will find out in Seven Weeks

OK, I did a search and found out ( http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/member.asp?id=CT4 ), nice mugshot.

------------------

Sunseeker Has Left The Building!

Dont forget to visit Graphics/Illustration.
Especially Hot Photoshop Tips

Scott_H
Professional Poster
May 18, 2001, 03:09 AM

That was cool. Bill Clinton almost got hit with one too. I'm sure Bill wouldn't have swung back.

dante
Forum Regular
May 18, 2001, 03:43 AM

cheerios, John Prescott is the Deputy Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. He�s a big guy with a great left jab. They're also in election mode, hence the egg throwing.

�and sunseeker, Peter Costello is the Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party (the sitting government), and he�s also the Treasurer and a *anker.

If your not from Oz, why does your location say Adelaide?

eep!
Mac Elite
May 18, 2001, 04:13 AM

We've had this crammed down our throats since it happend, I've seen it like twenty times in slo-mo and prescott barely touches the guy and the tories and lib dems need to shut up about what he did being wrong, he defended himself, move on...

SunSeeker  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2001, 06:17 AM

dante

If your not from Oz, why does your location say Adelaide?
I will live there permanently from the beginning of July, didn't want to state where I am currently from and, well, just kinda looking forward to it I guess.

------------------

voodoo
Posting Junkie
May 18, 2001, 06:18 AM

Way to go Prescott! He'd get my vote!!!

------------------
\ / ( ) ( ) | ) ( ) ( )
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

georgius
May 18, 2001, 08:57 AM

Originally posted by voodoo:
Way to go Prescott! He'd get my vote!!!

I'll tell you what...

lololololololololololololololololololololol...*sor ry*

Secondly, he should be made to resign over this. However, it is now three days after it happened and it has been - as everything is in this country that the governent doesn't like - brushed under the carpet.

Honestly, it is really pathetic that a senior politician should be able to that without being reprimanded.

And that is effectively Tony Blair condoning violence.

And btw, the guys in the blue shirt didn't even throw the egg that hit "2-Jags Prescott"...

*lardy*

Play it cool

artman
Dedicated MacNNer
May 18, 2001, 09:20 AM

WHAM!

------------------
The Artman @_@
http://www.artshack.com

eep!
Mac Elite
May 18, 2001, 09:42 AM

sorry, georgius I don't agree with you, he should be allowed to defend himself, why should he resign? Tony Blair is not condoning violence, he simply stated that Prescotts reaction was instinctive.
What else has been "brushed under the carpet"?

------------------
"Sometimes it's when everything seems to suck that we become motivated to find solutions to [our] problems." - MikeM32

Gee4orce
Professional Poster
May 18, 2001, 10:05 AM

The guy did throw the egg - from less than 6 inches. In my book he deserves a good lathering for that. If someone did that to me they'd damned well know about it...

MacmanX
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2001, 01:36 PM

Secondly, he should be made to resign over this. However, it is now three days after it happened and it has been - as everything is in this country that the governent doesn't like - brushed under the carpet.
Well, elections are coming up soon, let them know. (I may move back just to vote again.)

------------------
10:00 conoc� a Apple. 10:30 trabaj� con Apple. Apple Computer�
Satellite deployment by:
Ace Moving Co.

georgius
May 18, 2001, 01:44 PM

Originally posted by Gee4orce:
The guy did throw the egg - from less than 6 inches. In my book he deserves a good lathering for that. If someone did that to me they'd damned well know about it...
So fine...even i fhe did throw the egg...Prescott should show restraint. He is a highly senior figure in the British public...

...and heck...what do I care...I'm not even from this side of the Atlantic.

Play it cool

Scott_H
Professional Poster
May 18, 2001, 02:08 PM

Why are more people are pissed off at Prescott than the a-hole (wanker?) that threw the egg.

georgius
May 18, 2001, 04:15 PM

Originally posted by Scott_H:
Why are more people are pissed off at Prescott than the a-hole (wanker?) that threw the egg.
Listen...firstly, that guy was a farmer. Someone from the "countryside". A lot of people out here in the sticks are just a tad p!ssed off with the currenct governemt for it treatment - or rather lack of treatment - for a certain foot and mouth disease. Enough people are p!ssed off with the wankers (can I say that...I not even a mod *jeez*) that neglected this situation of ra long enouh time.

Prescott should have shown composure. He should have been a fine upstanding example of the qworld rewnowned British stiff upper lip. But he lost his temper. More fool him.

Let me put it to you like this...is George Bush hit someone after being pelted with an egg...would you expect him to apologize? Okay...not resign...but f!cking well apologize. This is no different. Dick Cheney, George Bush, John Prescott. He should apologize. He didn't. He said that he "regretted the incident". Some god-damned apology.

And bythe way Mr. Eep...what else was brushed under the carpet with this government...hmmm...let me think...or just drop a subtle hint...

Mandelson two years ago...

...Mandelson not so long ago...

...and hows about Keth Vaz....

...and Mo Mowlam going "public"....

Is that enough? I could always list some more...

Play it cool

eep!
Mac Elite
May 18, 2001, 04:36 PM

sorry, forgot about 'mandy' that guy should be stuffed into a cannon and fired into the sun, along with brown, portillo, cook and redmond.

------------------
"Sometimes it's when everything seems to suck that we become motivated to find solutions to [our] problems." - MikeM32

georgius
May 18, 2001, 04:43 PM

Originally posted by eep!:
sorry, forgot about 'mandy' that guy should be stuffed into a cannon and fired into the sun, along with brown, portillo, cook and redmond.

...*huh*...

wumeng
Senior User
May 18, 2001, 06:00 PM

An interesting thought -- if a policeman punched somebody in the face after being pelted with an egg, would we still be standing up for the policeman? What if it was a soldier in the national armed forces? Or a teacher punching a student for egg-pelting?

Prescott may have had the right to retaliate with a punch, but that does not necessarily make it correct or appropriate, given his position as a senior member of the government.

Dogma
Mac Elite
May 18, 2001, 06:08 PM

Sorry to disagree Georgius but the guy who threw the egg was a bleeding Pro-hunt protester, so he really deserves to be chased down and slaughtered by a pack of his 'Hunting' dogs. these buggers kill f*cking foxes, Grouse and stuff for 'Fun'. If he was a Farmer that happened to shoot the odd 'pest' fox I'd have no problem with it, as I used live in the country I knew a lot of farmers. This guy is one of those ponces in the red coats that think it's so sporting to let the dogs chase and maul a humble Fox just going about it's business. If they want to go out and ride horses among the fields, fine. Just don't kill the wildlife.

That said, it's such a shame that this happened, as Labour will probably get a lot more votes now, simply because everyone thinks Prescott is such a great guy now. Let's just hope it dies down and big Tommy Sheridan or somebody does something even more headline grabbing, 'cos i don't think I'll stay in the country if Blair and his band of Thatcherites get back in again.

Revol! Revol! Viva la revolution!

------------------
"If you can't stand the flames, get out of the bulletin board!"
Hark, I hear a robin sig'ing in the trees!
Nae, there is no sog to be sug,
or am I wrog? Why can't I sig?

eep!
Mac Elite
May 18, 2001, 06:09 PM

Peter Mandelson = mandy
gordon brown - watch the guys mouth, i think he's some kind of fish/human hybrid.
michael portillo - he just makes my skin crawl, i mean really, you know when someone scrapes their nails down a blackboard (or chalkboard for americans, i'm not racist we call them blackboards 'cos they're black <shrugs> ) and your skin feels like it's trying to slide itself off your bones? well, that's what happens when i see his face.
robin cook - garden gnome, say no more.
john redmond - he's a genuine, bona-fide alien.
and i don't like any of 'em!

------------------

Dogma
Mac Elite
May 18, 2001, 06:19 PM

Did anyone see The Sun today?
It had a centre poster, advertising a 'Boxing' contest, it listed all the politicians and gave them great names. My favorite was Peter 'Mince Naseem' Mandelson. I'll scan it at work tomorrow if no-one's chucked it out.

------------------

georgius
May 18, 2001, 06:21 PM

That said, it's such a shame that this happened, as Labour will probably get a lot more votes now, simply because everyone thinks Prescott is such a great guy now.
I do't think that everyone thinks he is a great guy...everyone is taking the mickey out of him for it...

Play it cool

Dogma
Mac Elite
May 18, 2001, 06:26 PM

Most people are laughing about it, but we all respect him kind of though. Simply put, he will be seen as 'one of the lads' now, let's face it, most of us would kick the sh*t out of anyone pelting eggs at us, right?

------------------

MacmanX
Mac Enthusiast
May 18, 2001, 11:15 PM

Did anyone see The Sun today?
It had a centre poster, advertising a 'Boxing' contest, it listed all the politicians and gave them great names. My favorite was Peter 'Mince Naseem' Mandelson. I'll scan it at work tomorrow if no-one's chucked it out.
Please do if you can. We are only able to get the "Weekly Telegraph" here (which usually shows up in my mailbox a day after the next issue is printed.) This was the first I heard of the incident. Are our politicians now allowed to treat all protesters as punching bags?

------------------
10:00 conoc� a Apple. 10:30 trabaj� con Apple. Apple Computer�
Satellite deployment by:
Ace Moving Co.

SunSeeker  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 19, 2001, 03:39 AM

georgius

....This is no different. Dick Cheney, George Bush, John Prescott. He should apologize. He didn't. He said that he "regretted the incident". Some god-damned apology.
Isn't this more or less what happened with the China incident with the US saying 'Sorry(it ever happened)'

------------------

Forum Links
Forum Rules