Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Geforce 3/4 FSAA ever?

Geforce 3/4 FSAA ever?
cdrgonzo20
Jun 24, 2002, 07:40 PM

Will the newer Nvidia cards for the macs ever get support for FSAA? Is it simply a lack of drivers from apple, or is it not supported in the hardware? Thanks
There is no emoticon for what I am feeling!
-------------------------------------
My system specs:

2 furry caches
17" diaganol quad pumped weener
198 lb ham
44x36x57 CWR
overpriced, underperforming, but sleek nonetheless.

I also have a G4.

TheMosco
Mac Elite
Jun 24, 2002, 08:00 PM

There are no drivers for the Geforce 4 for the mac yet as far as i know. I also know that the Geofrce 3 drivers are not full featured yet. I heard that 10.2 will finally bring full support for these cards.

According to the nvidia site, the geforce 4Ti and MX have "Acuview Antialiasing�" but i dont know if it exactly like what ATI has.
AXP
ΔΣΦ

Guy Incognito
Banned
Jun 24, 2002, 10:54 PM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by TheMosco:
<strong>There are no drivers for the Geforce 4 for the mac yet as far as i know. I also know that the Geofrce 3 drivers are not full featured yet. I heard that 10.2 will finally bring full support for these cards.

According to the nvidia site, the geforce 4Ti and MX have "Acuview Antialiasing�" but i dont know if it exactly like what ATI has.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">I'm glad I decided to go for the GeForce 2...to spend my money on a card that's a little faster and doesn't support key features such as FSAA, bump-mapping and per-pixel shading would have been ridiculous. Once I'm sure the next drivers support these features...I'll be buying a GeForce 3 or 4.

HamSandwich
Jun 25, 2002, 06:31 AM

Sorry Guy Incognito, but the Geforce 2 DOES support FSAA and bumpmapping, but its OS X drivers don't

Guy Incognito
Banned
Jun 25, 2002, 10:17 AM

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">Originally posted by SteveJobs:
<strong>Sorry Guy Incognito, but the Geforce 2 DOES support FSAA and bumpmapping, but its OS X drivers don't </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif">GeForce 2 MX supports FSAA and bumpmapping? You're ****tin' me! Are you serious?

Oh well...the Dual-800 had to come with a graphics card...I took the least expensive because I figured that the speed boost of the GeForce 3 just wasn't significant enough for me to pay an extra 300 US dollars on it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules