Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > burning cds

burning cds
poison
Sep 30, 2002, 06:41 AM

thats what happened. I had to burn a cd with 20megs. Now i dont want to throw that cd away. Can i still use it to continue burning ? I burned the cd with burner under 10.1.5. Is there any other good program for burning cds like toast ? I dont need a comercial program because i dont burn many cds.

poison

kmkkid
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2002, 09:23 AM

If it's a cdrw disk you can format it and start over. If it's a cdr I believe it's garbage now.

Chris

OverclockedHomoSapien
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2002, 09:49 AM

This is a big problem with Apple's burning software. It's quality software except that you cannot burn multisession CDs.

The only explanation I can think of is that Apple doesn't want to drive Roxio out of business, because if OS X could burn multisession CDs, nobody would need Toast.

I vaugly remember someone writing some shareware that enables multisession burning in OS X. You might try searching versiontracker.com for it. Otherwise you'll have to get Toast. Check out eBay, you can get it pretty cheap there.
[FONT="book antiqua"]"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be."
- Thomas Jefferson, 1816.[/FONT]

Northform
Mac Enthusiast
Sep 30, 2002, 10:39 AM

Multi-session really isn't that great.

I've used it once and hated it.

Maybe others find it more convienent though

Kenandles
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Sep 30, 2002, 01:05 PM

17$ if you want to keep it :http://www.sentman.com/burner/ works for me

bradoesch
Professional Poster
Sep 30, 2002, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by Northform:
Multi-session really isn't that great.

I've used it once and hated it.

Maybe others find it more convienent though
I think a lot of people would find it convenient. Unless you only want to fill an entire disc at once that is. But if you want to put something small on a disc, it's still useful after your first write.

Why did you hate it? Was it the multiple discs that mounted on the desktop? If you have Toast you can make ISO9660 discs and keep adding to an existing session and the disk will only mount once.

Brad

D'Espice
Mac Elite
Sep 30, 2002, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by bradoesch:
Why did you hate it? Was it the multiple discs that mounted on the desktop? If you have Toast you can make ISO9660 discs and keep adding to an existing session and the disk will only mount once.
Is there any way to import an existing sessions with Toast Titanium?
So far, Windows-PCs can only see the last session of that CD, not containing the files written in former sessions. Unless I'll import an existing session, Multisession with Toast is a joke and totally abysmal.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one
pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,
thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

fat mac moron
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 30, 2002, 06:43 PM

Go out to CompUSA and pick up those little CD-RWs that are 7 bucks for 20 or so disks. They hold 185MB, are small enough to transport and can be burned relatively quickly.

Forum Links
Forum Rules