Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Scanners owners waiting for driver under OSX

Scanners owners waiting for driver under OSX
wubrew
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 5, 2002, 04:19 PM

http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported

Just want to pass it along and end the frustration for those who are expecting the "Pie in the sky" promises from the manufacturer of their scanner.
Enjoy.
It's "Brewed" not "Juiced"

Back up 15 and punt
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 6, 2002, 12:33 AM

Originally posted by wubrew:
http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/vuescan.htm#supported

Just want to pass it along and end the frustration for those who are expecting the "Pie in the sky" promises from the manufacturer of their scanner.
Enjoy.
I just purchased a scanner from HP (Scanjet 5500). The enclosed software says that it works with 10.1.2 and their web site indicates that it won't work with 10.2. I'm here to tell you that it seems to work (maybe not perfect) in 10.2.1. Vuescan will not work with this scanner or many of the newer scanners from HP. In fact Hamrick originally said that his software would work with Scanjet 5400 series. This was the first scanner I had before I bought the later. I bought this software on his word without first trying it and low and behold it didn't work. Then he refused to refund my money. He justified his position by saying that it was my fault for not trying it out first. Maybe it was my fault but I won't recommend this software to anybody.

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2002, 03:06 PM

some want to put this on their idisk becaue I am not going to spend another 40 bucks just to get my 100 buck scanner in OSX, it works now in classic so i am happy

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

OldManMac
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 6, 2002, 08:20 PM

If you have a relatively new Epson, which IMHO are the best, here's the site for drivers. My 1640 works fine in Jaguar. I can scan directly into Photoshop and Word.
Why is there always money for war, but none for education?

Forum Links
Forum Rules