Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Your favorite Taco Bell food

Your favorite Taco Bell food
Ca$h68
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 03:07 PM

Just wondering.

I'm all about the double decker taco if I dont have a lot of cash, the chicken quesadilla if I feel like it, or if I'm really freaking hungry a grilled stuft burrito.

- Ca$h

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2002, 03:11 PM

I ate at Taco Bell once a couple years ago. Never been back.

It made me feel dirty.

When I want fast food on the cheap, I hit up Wendy's.

[moment of silence for Dave Thomas]

ringo
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2002, 03:12 PM

Soft tacos with fire sauce...gimmie about a dozen of those and I'm happy.

pixelghetto
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2002, 03:13 PM

I went to Wendy's in MD it was R A N K!

Never had a Taco-bell! UK needs it...well maybes...almost...I think about it and get back to you, ok?!
Bork bork bork.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2002, 03:19 PM

Taco Bell???

Oh you mean that imitation POS taste like **** makes you have the run fast food?

If you want tex-mex get tex-mex, don't fool yourself...
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 03:20 PM

TBell is cool. represent beeyatch.

- Ca$h

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 03:22 PM

Something about beef that USDA "Grade D (But Edible)" bothers me.

At least Taco Bueno is Grade C beef, and it's within walking distance.
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

cheerios
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2002, 03:23 PM

Taco Bell is cheap crap. Blech. (Cheerios has been spoiled by Having a Jack in the Box and a Carls Jr down the street)
The short shall inherit the earth. Just you wait. You won't see us coming. We'll pop out from under tables, beds, and closets in hordes. So you're tall, huh? You won't be so tall when I chew off your ankles. Mofo

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2002, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by Ca$h68:

- Ca$h
oh right, Wisconsin...riiight....
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

pixelghetto
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2002, 03:29 PM

the death trip...the trip the bathroom huh?
Bork bork bork.

PowerMatt
Senior User
Oct 15, 2002, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by cheerios:
Taco Bell is cheap crap. Blech. (Cheerios has been spoiled by Having a Jack in the Box and a Carls Jr down the street)
Didn't Jack in the Box have some e-Coli or Salmonella problems a few years back. When I lived in Texas, I wouldn't touch Jack in the Box, Whataburger, or Carl's Jr.. I am not a big fast food fiend but usually I choose Subway or Cousins (cause I work there) or a good bagel shop.
It I want your opinion, I'll beat it out of you.

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 03:31 PM

Originally posted by juanvaldes:
oh right, Wisconsin...riiight....
Strait from tha mean streets uh Madsion yo, wit cheeze flyin and hos workin it fo sum Feta and Chedda.

{�I feel a hijacking coming on�}

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2002, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by PowerMatt:

Didn't Jack in the Box have some e-Coli or Salmonella problems a few years back.
Something like 12 years ago. After that they cleaned up their kitchens fast! Probably have the cleanest kitchen of all FF right now. Unless someone else has had a health hazard. Taco Hell if known for it...
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

wataru
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2002, 03:34 PM

Originally posted by pixelghetto:
I went to Wendy's in MD it was R A N K!
Then either you got unlucky or you have high standards--According to one of my friends, Wendy's won some award for best quality ingredients in their food.

For good fast food I go to Arby's. Can't beat their chicken fingers.

bewebste
Senior User
Oct 15, 2002, 03:39 PM

I agree that Taco Bell is crap, but the question was asked within the context of Taco Bell, so one must only measure from within that framework. Whether or not the best Taco Bell food is better or worse than Alpo is irrelevant here.

I'm all about the grilled stuffed burrito. Their Mountain Dew's not bad either.

pixelghetto
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2002, 03:41 PM

I have high standards then. That **** was terrible. But we have...dun...dun...dun...mcdonalds (dont taste like plastic!) and BK (don't have milkshakes so i goto mcds!)!
Bork bork bork.

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 03:42 PM

Originally posted by bewebste:
I agree that Taco Bell is crap, but the question was asked within the context of Taco Bell, so one must only measure from within that framework. Whether or not the best Taco Bell food is better or worse than Alpo is irrelevant here.
Well, if you're going to be picky and stuff, then None of the above is my answer.

Nimisys
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 03:51 PM

hahahaha poor poor wisconsin boy, thinking taco bell is food or even edible, you probably even think of it as mexican food right?

i refuse to eat taco bell... its all about 12inch diameter carne asade quesillidillas, or burritos the size of a brick. taco bell offers none of those

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 03:55 PM

We have good mexi stuff here too. Come visit. Tbell is just cheap and fast. Thus good.

- Ca$h

ringo
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2002, 03:56 PM

You people have unreasonable expectations.

Cheap and Fast with hot sauce...its all about the Taco Bell.

And yes, bewebste, the Mt Dew in a super-jumbo plastic cup (with free refills) is a must have.

bewebste
Senior User
Oct 15, 2002, 03:58 PM

Originally posted by PorscheBunny:

Well, if you're going to be picky and stuff, then None of the above is my answer.
Fair enough.

Nimisys
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 04:03 PM

We have good mexi stuff here too. Come visit. Tbell is just cheap and fast. Thus good.

- Ca$h
no you THINK you have good mexi food up there....and down here taco bell is neither cheap or fast

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 04:05 PM

Q'Doba is good anyway you look at it. So are a few other local restaurants. Chains blow.

- Ca$h

PS: Go rebuild a wankel wanker.

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 15, 2002, 04:05 PM

Taco Bell is garbage. If I want mexican food I will make it myself, or go to a authentic restaurant.

I haven't ate at TB since high school.

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 04:06 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Taco Bell is garbage. If I want mexican food I will make it myself, or go to a authentic restaurant.

I haven't ate at TB since high school.
Thou shall go forth and spread thy word. No man shall consume unworthy meat from thy Tbell. Go! Carry forth thy message to thy peoples! The lord hath spoken!

- Ca$h

Zimphire
Baninated
Oct 15, 2002, 04:08 PM

Thou shall go forth and spread thy word. No man shall consume unworthy meat from thy Tbell. Go! Carry forth thy message to thy peoples! The lord hath spoken!

- Ca$h
Are you always a complete ass cash?

Wont your parents pay for therapy?

No wonder they banned you from the neon boards....

fshrman1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2002, 04:32 PM

whoops
( Last edited by fshrman1; Oct 15, 2002 at 04:40 PM. )
or not

fshrman1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2002, 04:37 PM

i cannot believe anybody would eat there; however, since cash68 does then i presume the food is as good as his car is ugly..........f1. maybe i should try it
or not

Ca$h68  (op)
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 04:41 PM

What do you drive fisherman? Pfft.

- Ca$h

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 04:42 PM

Originally posted by Zimphire:
Are you always a complete ass cash?

Wont your parents pay for therapy?

No wonder they banned you from the neon boards....

1) Yes

2) Therapy is what made him what he is today. He was much better before the electro-shock therapy.

3) Duh

Krusty
Professional Poster
Oct 15, 2002, 04:49 PM

Taco Bell does suck ... but when you need to fill up cheap the recipe is a follows: One double decker taco, one 7-layer burrito, dine-in and ask for a water cup which you actually fill with soda (a clear one like sprite if someone is looking).

As far as there not being good mexican food in the midwest (or other places other than the southwest). That's changing a lot over the last 15-20 years as mexican americans move over other parts of the country. The dinky little town I grew up in actually has 3 GOOD, non-chain Mex places now (started by Mexicans who intially moved there as ag-workers). Not crappy, fake meat-cheese-big peppers mexican but real muddy-refried-bean mexican like I've eaten in places known for mexican food.

Having said that: Your best bet at TB is to AVOID the "beef" if possible and go vegetarian.

fshrman1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2002, 05:24 PM

what do i drive cash u ask? nothing new but i am currently driving-today- a 40 willy's coup with a 327 chev engine and a nice sapphire mist blue paint job and very nice leather interior........had it since 1962 but never had the money to do what i wanted with it..drove it for 30 years with the original 4 banger till i had the money and time to start my project.. i love this car................when i am finished in about 6 more months, hopefully, i will post the pic....lots of other stuff has changed under the car but i will list the whole deal when i put up the pic/////f1--no offense about the ugly car--not a fan of foreign cars is all
or not

fshrman1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2002, 05:29 PM

correction= the willys was in our family since 62.. i got it from my dad/f1
or not

fshrman1
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2002, 05:30 PM

what do i drive cash u ask? nothing new but i am currently driving-today- a 40 willy's coup with a 327 chev engine and a nice sapphire mist blue paint job and very nice leather interior........had it since 1962 but never had the money to do what i wanted with it..drove it for 30 years with the original 4 banger till i had the money and time to start my project.. i love this car................when i am finished in about 6 more months, hopefully, i will post the pic....lots of other stuff has changed under the car but i will list the whole deal when i put up the pic/////f1--no offense about the ugly car--not a fan of foreign cars is all
or not

arrested502
Senior User
Oct 15, 2002, 05:37 PM

I used to love Taco bell for a little while until I realized that every goddamn taco had pieces of ground-up "animal" bone in the beef. There is nothing more nauseating than eating a taco and biting down hard on animal bone "specks".

If I ever "have to" eat there again I refuse to order anything with (what they refer to as) beef. I prefer just making my own Tacos to be honest. You buy quality ground beef from the grocery store and it never has ground-up bone in it.

Where fast food is concerned it's Wendy's or nothing. Burger King in dire situations only. And NO we don't have alot of those weird places out East here, like "all in one burger" or whatever it's called.
"Devil ether, it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision. No balance. Numb Tongue. The mind recoills in horror. Unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interresting, because you can watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it"

scaught
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2002, 05:48 PM

i hardly think anyone in their right minds would refer to what taco bell serves as "mexican" or anything even relating to anything texmex, spanish influenced or otherwise. it is its own distinctive menu of quick tortilla based cheap slop that tastes pretty good with fire sauce. i dont think robert started this thread with "taco bell is great mexican food!!!" in mind. your commentaries about it being "shitty" or 'some sort of poor excuse for mexican food' are obvious.

having said that, im vegetarian so all the crap meat items are out the window. some would argue that meat stuff almost redefines "meat" and could supplement a vegetarian diet. whatever it is, i aint eatin it.

my faves are:

the seven layer burrito
nachos supreme without meat
those cheese quesadilla things
the bean burrito
tostada (rip )
( Last edited by scaught; Oct 15, 2002 at 05:58 PM. )

ink
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 05:50 PM

7-layer burrito without sour cream.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I try to avoid anything with meat in it at Taco Bell (and most other places as well).

fat mac moron
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 15, 2002, 05:58 PM

I eat Taco Bell once in awhile, like 3 or 4 times a year. I like their bean burritos & Mexican pizzas I guess.

Sonic burgers are the best though

System.out
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 15, 2002, 06:05 PM

I'm not that big on Toxic Hell.

I quit eating there about 7-8 years ago when the local health department found human feces in the hamburger meat. I figured, hey if there's human sh!t in the hamburger meat, there's no telling what's in the sour cream.

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 15, 2002, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by Nimisys:
hahahaha poor poor wisconsin boy, thinking taco bell is food or even edible, you probably even think of it as mexican food right?

i refuse to eat taco bell... its all about 12inch diameter carne asade quesillidillas, or burritos the size of a brick. taco bell offers none of those
preach it brother!
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

MacManMikeOSX
Senior User
Oct 15, 2002, 07:14 PM

a taco of course

vasu
Senior User
Oct 15, 2002, 08:26 PM

mexican pizza

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Oct 15, 2002, 09:01 PM

Just regular Tacos (sour cream), hold the human poo. Well, OK, fine, human poo on the side, thanks.

ink
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 09:04 PM

Originally posted by Nimisys:
its all about 12inch diameter carne asade quesillidillas, or burritos the size of a brick. taco bell offers none of those
That's American-Mexican cuisine. Mexicans don't eat quesedillas, and burritos are small ranch animals to them (at least the rancheros). Tacos are never in deep-fried shells, and flour tortillas are never seen; masa being the norm. A lot of the poser "Mexican" chain restaurants are just as guilty as Taco Bell in that department.

Now, a good plate of mole, ahhhh, that's real Mexican food.

Nimisys
Banned
Oct 15, 2002, 10:45 PM

Originally posted by ink:

That's American-Mexican cuisine. Mexicans don't eat quesedillas, and burritos are small ranch animals to them (at least the rancheros). Tacos are never in deep-fried shells, and flour tortillas are never seen; masa being the norm. A lot of the poser "Mexican" chain restaurants are just as guilty as Taco Bell in that department.

Now, a good plate of mole, ahhhh, that's real Mexican food.
yeah tell that to the 2 million people 30miles south of me... trust me they eat it... however most quesidillas are not filled with cheese, they are more of burritos laid flat with a little cheese

and burritos do exist down there, your thinking of burros (donkey)

phazertwo
Forum Regular
Oct 15, 2002, 10:53 PM

- Ca$h
Hey, i am gunna "represent" I love Tbell, its the ****, tho you must be a little guy ca$h, i can down 2 grilled stuffed's easy!!

But you know what is better than Tbell? chipotle!!! HELLS YEAH!!!!
and wendys is good too, and another personal fav. Tokyo joes!
PZ
"'don't touch me 'what will you do?' 'i will touch you back'"-bruce lee

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Oct 15, 2002, 11:05 PM

�Chinga Taco Bell! �Yo Quiero Dinero!

arrested502
Senior User
Oct 16, 2002, 12:00 AM

Originally posted by scaught:
the seven layer burrito
nachos supreme without meat
I'd probably go for those, I never tried 'em yet (from TB anyway). But a good bean burrito is always a tasty treat. And I never put meat in my nachos whenever I make 'em at home. Nachos require (nachos--duh) Sour Cream, Cheese (melted with milk to make it a slightly liquid consistency) Medium salsa. I just cover a whole plate with the nachos and it's practically a meal in and of itself.

I am an omnivore, but I still won't touch that "beef" at Taco Bell. I'm pretty picky when it comes to meat products.

Just made a London Broil on Toast with worcestershire and butter. <BURP> Damn good stuff
"Devil ether, it makes you behave like the village drunkard in some early Irish novel. Total loss of all basic motor skills. Blurred vision. No balance. Numb Tongue. The mind recoills in horror. Unable to communicate with the spinal column. Which is interresting, because you can watch yourself behaving in this terrible way, but you can't control it"

Patrick
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2002, 12:20 AM

I haven't been there in a while, but all I ever get is one of those supreme chalupas, with "steak" in it instead of "ground beef." Or maybe that meal deal that comes with two of them and a taco on the side, which works for me as long as I douse it in hot sauce (the medium kind).

I remember a few years ago they had that 4 alarm taco, or whatever the name was. Tasted like it had gasoline in it.

Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Oct 16, 2002, 01:28 AM

2 chicken soft tacos no lettuce add sour cream & a chicken quesadilla.

Or one of those chicken stuft burritos. yum.

Those 7 layer nachos they had for a few weeks rocked too.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

Forum Links
Forum Rules