Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > iMac: eco friendly?

iMac: eco friendly?
Yon Yonson
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 29, 2002, 02:40 AM

NEC Brings First Ecological 'All-in-One' Desktop Computer To U.S. Market http://www.digitaljournal.com/news/?articleID=3205

I would think an eco version of the iMac like that would go over pretty well with most mac users and get them some good publicity.

How much would an iMac cost if it were made to be eco friendly like the NEC model linked to. The NEC is around the same price as a 15"FP iMac; but with lower specs apparently due to the costs of less toxic components.
My name is Yon Yonsin, I work in Wisconsin, I work in a lumbermill there. The people I meet when I walk down the street, They say, "What's your name?" And I say, "My name is Yon Yonson, I work in Wisconsin..."

funkboy
Professional Poster
Oct 29, 2002, 09:18 PM

I bet the current iMac is not too bad in the eco department... Apple at least advertises its Energy Star rating, among other things. I bet the nice pristine white and clear stuff isn't too eco-friendly though... but, hey, it really looks too darn cool for me to care right now

Forum Links
Forum Rules