Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Can someone please ban Codename?

Can someone please ban Codename?
qnxde
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 10, 2002, 08:42 PM

This guy is starting to give me the shits, and I suspect lots of other people. He contributes nothing of interest to these forums, and every thread he gets involved in inevitably ends up going down the tubes. Isn't there something we can do?

How irritating.

You can't eat all those hamburgers, you hear me you ridiculous man?

mrtaber
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 10, 2002, 08:45 PM

He has the honor of the first person that I've 'Ignored' in these boards.

Mark
TiBook 667MHz/512Mb/30Gb/DVD
Macs for work and play; Windows for...work and play. Oh. Never mind. Whatever.

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 10, 2002, 08:48 PM

you spelled his name wrong, it's z-i-m-p-h-i-r-e
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2002, 08:54 PM

It's not against the rules to be a dumbass. If it was, 3/4 of the people on here would've been banned already.

Originally posted by qnxde:
This guy is starting to give me the shits, and I suspect lots of other people. He contributes nothing of interest to these forums, and every thread he gets involved in inevitably ends up going down the tubes. Isn't there something we can do?

How irritating.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 10, 2002, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by philzilla:
you spelled his name wrong, it's z-i-m-p-h-i-r-e
Naw only a select few don't like me. Codename really isn't that irritating. I guess I have built up a tolerance for Windows zealots over at ihateapple.com

qnxde  (op)
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 10, 2002, 09:07 PM

So what do you have to do to get banned then? Death threats? Spamming? Saying something a mod doens't like?

Meanwhile, there's an ignore function on this thing? Cool!

Originally posted by olePigeon:
It's not against the rules to be a dumbass. If it was, 3/4 of the people on here would've been banned already.

You can't eat all those hamburgers, you hear me you ridiculous man?

juanvaldes
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2002, 09:10 PM

looks like codename has risen up in the troll ranks to the level of TN, folks are starting threads asking for the troll to be banned.
The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it always to be kept alive.
- Thomas Jefferson, 1787

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2002, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by olePigeon:

You're quite right. I'm going to agree that he is nothing much more than a troll. More in the sense that I picture some 16-year-old, pipmle-faced fruit with an extreme superiority complex that feels the clockspeed of his computer makes him special in some way. The majority of his posts are obvious "troll" posts to bait everyone into arguing and bringing down a thread, be it a quick Apple bash or insult to someone.

But I don't care either way if he gets banned or not. And I won't stick him on my ignore list. I'll read his posts and then ignore. Something nice may come out of it yet.

And people on message boards should not give you the sh�ts.

Codename
Banned
Nov 10, 2002, 09:47 PM

Unfortunately for maclots, banning me will neither save Apple from irrelevance nor make their machines less of a joke.

ReggieX
Professional Poster
Nov 10, 2002, 09:49 PM

Ignore lists exist for a reason. Use it!
The Lord said 'Peter, I can see your house from here.'

MindFad
Posting Junkie
Nov 10, 2002, 09:53 PM

Originally posted by Codename:
Unfortunately for maclots, banning me will neither save Apple from irrelevance nor make their machines less of a joke.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2002, 10:10 PM

I'm just a mod, and not even in this forum, so there's nothing I can do myself. But I have passed this request up the chain of command. They have a link to this thread as well, so they'll probably be reading what people have to say here.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 10, 2002, 10:11 PM

Originally posted by Codename:

(I don't actually have anything more to say; I'm just quoting Codename's post here in case he decides to get cute and modify it later).
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Mark Tungston
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2002, 10:16 PM

i agree on the ban

i find the other "troll"...spliff to be smart and has some real criticism, but codename is just random insults

i think that being a member just to insult people is not in macnn's best interest

just look at that quote...if he genuinely feels that way, why is he here? the attitude in which he states it basically sums up why he should be banned as well. he will never have anything to say thats not lopsided
snappy

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2002, 10:24 PM

Codename doesn't bother me because I don't try to defend the Mac platform. He is entitled to think whatever he wants and go on his merry way. You won't see me stopping him.

And let's face it. Macs are under-powered. If Microsoft were friendlier in it's interface and business practices we would all be on the "other side".

Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 10, 2002, 10:26 PM

MS zealots are fun.

Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 10, 2002, 10:28 PM

Originally posted by Face Ache:

And let's face it. Macs are under-powered.
I don't find a dual 1.2ghz G4 to be underpowered. Fact is, most people don't even need a 3ghz chip. Marketing is clever

Mark Tungston
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2002, 10:33 PM

Codename doesn't bother me because I don't try to defend the Mac platform. He is entitled to think whatever he wants and go on his merry way. You won't see me stopping him.

And let's face it. Macs are under-powered. If Microsoft were friendlier in it's interface and business practices we would all be on the "other side".
this is a mac forum though.

also he has a bad attitude and this forum is a community.

lots of people like PCs too but he genuinely dislikes the mac platform. he trivializes and ridicules apple and the community.

lots of people crticsize apple here like, godfather, nimisys and you (as you say) as well as me. but nobody wants us banned
snappy

Face Ache
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 10, 2002, 10:56 PM

Use the Ignore User function if you don't like him. I've got two people on there and it works quite well.

Mark Tungston
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2002, 11:05 PM

Use the Ignore User function if you don't like him. I've got two people on there and it works quite well.
very true but others don't ignore him and then you have like 4 posts under his where people are quoting his "apple sucks because..." and flameing him in return

why not just stop it at it's root?

i say this because he was veeeerrrryy annoying in a Powermac forum where there is no room for somebody like him to just enter any thread and scream "apple sucks!" leave and never return. i guess in the lounge there can be a little leway but i think when he goes into the powermac or osx sections...it's ridiculous for him to belittle macs in such a specific topic zone
snappy

philzilla
Occasionally Useful
Nov 10, 2002, 11:11 PM

MikeM32 and MikeM33?
"Have sharp knives. Be creative. Cook to music" ~ maxelson

denim
Mac Elite
Nov 10, 2002, 11:11 PM

Originally posted by mrtaber:
He has the honor of the first person that I've 'Ignored' in these boards.
Me too! No one, and I mean "no one", has been as annoying as that user. I think he deserves a true BOFH treatment.
Is this a good place for an argument?
Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Me

Demonhood
Administrator
Nov 10, 2002, 11:12 PM

annoyance level noted.
complaint filed.
so this thread has served it's purpose.

and for future reference, you can just hit the report abuse button on someone's post and report them that way. or send me a PM about it. we really don't need a lounge discussion on it.

Forum Links
Forum Rules