Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Ti Superdrive shipping in the UK

Ti Superdrive shipping in the UK
maxed-out
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 09:08 AM

Hey everyone,

Ordered my Ti Superdrive BTO on 13th, just had confirmation from Apple that it has been shipped this morning! It's going to be a long night or two, but well worth the shorter wait than anticipated

Good luck to everyone else.

wdale
Nov 21, 2002, 09:22 AM

How come I ordered mine on the 6th November and havent received a shipping notice yet, however you ordered a full week later and yours has shipped? Did you pay for some express service or something?

Anyone else received shipping e-mails?

maxed-out  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 09:29 AM

I ordered a combo on the 6th, then cancelled and reordered on the 13th, maybe that's something to do with it.

claughery
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 21, 2002, 09:41 AM

Originally posted by wdale:
How come I ordered mine on the 6th November and havent received a shipping notice yet, however you ordered a full week later and yours has shipped? Did you pay for some express service or something?

Anyone else received shipping e-mails?
It is probably because it is the combo drive model... Not the superdrive
Dual 1.8 G5, 23" cinema oldschool, PB 1.5 ghz 12" SD, iBook 1.07 Ghz, mac mini 1.42, iPod mini, iPod photo 40gb, SE K700i

TobyX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 09:46 AM

My order is over 5100 EUR - six items. I demand special treatment

Ordered on 6th, no shipping notice or any comments (phone) yet.
Soylent green is people.

maxed-out  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 09:47 AM

No, it's the Superdrive.

PhilElwell
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 10:12 AM

Congratulations! Hope your wait isn't too long. I only got to place my order yesterday because I was waiting for my developer discount...

maxed-out  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 10:18 AM

Just phoned the Apple store to confirm the email is correct, they have said it's leaving Asia today, will arrive mid to late next week.

jcjr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 10:32 AM

wahooo!! my Ti 1ghz 1Gb SD shipped out of asia today too!! the nice lady at apple said expect it to arrive at my doorstep around wednesday of next week...can't wait!!! this weekend is gonna feel like the longest weekend ever!!! btw i originally ordered on the 6th but then cancelled and reordered on the 12th due to credit card clearance problems....

MarkLT1
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 21, 2002, 01:05 PM

WTH??? It feels as if those of us who ordered on the 6th are REALLY getting screwed now.. Not only does every mail order house get a bunch, but now customers who ordered the same thing a WEEK after I ordered are getting ship notices?? Apple better get their act together..

jcjr
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 21, 2002, 03:21 PM

just received an email confirmation that my Tibook has shipped!!!!

ivi
Forum Regular
Nov 21, 2002, 04:18 PM

Well, after reading the MacRooster's post today I become very angry (in a good way ) and decided to email apple about the state of my order. As a reply I got:

"We are pleased to send you this shipment notification regarding your Apple Store order.".

My status in apple shop is still being reviewed though. I ordered on 10th. So my advice for you is to actually contact Apple. Hope it helps. And by the way:

I'm VERY VERY VERY happy now

ivi
Forum Regular
Nov 21, 2002, 04:34 PM

Actually when ordering I had some credit card clearance problems, so the order was only processed on 15th, thats why on the web its different. But hey, in 6 days they already shipped it. AMAZING

psyclone
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2002, 06:54 AM

Originally posted by ivi:
Well, after reading the MacRooster's post today I become very angry (in a good way ) and decided to email apple about the state of my order. As a reply I got:

"We are pleased to send you this shipment notification regarding your Apple Store order.".

My status in apple shop is still being reviewed though. I ordered on 10th. So my advice for you is to actually contact Apple. Hope it helps. And by the way:

I'm VERY VERY VERY happy now
I submitted proposal on the 7th for 1GHz/SD. The order went in on the 12th. Shipping on the 21st. So if you ordered earlier and haven't received a ship notice, I'd go with the advice above.

TobyX
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 22, 2002, 03:15 PM

I also wrote such email to Apple and suddenly a shipping notice came today. SuperDrive book to Germany ordered on 6th.
Soylent green is people.

sunkist
Banned
Nov 22, 2002, 03:29 PM

What is the U.S. version of this place which you email and magically get shipping notices?

-Chris

Forum Links
Forum Rules