Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Daschle Blaming Talk Radio for Democrats defeat

Daschle Blaming Talk Radio for Democrats defeat
typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 11:34 AM

Made me laugh when I heard him say that Talk Radio and Rush Limbaugh were the cause of there defeat and threats to public officials. I've never heard of ANY talk show host tell there listeners to call up and threaten, Most don't even tell there listeners to call. I think it is that he is just bitter that the Democrats lost the recent elections and he can't stand not being in Power. I think the whole party is in Shell shock still.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 11:36 AM

I think Tom can blame himself. He had his toungue stuck so far up Dubaya's ass that voters couldn't see where George ended and Daschle began!
I could take Sean Connery in a fight... I could definitely take him.

typoon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 11:47 AM

Originally posted by voodoo:
I think Tom can blame himself. He had his toungue stuck so far up Dubaya's ass that voters couldn't see where George ended and Daschle began!
LOL

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Nov 21, 2002, 11:53 AM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jun 4, 2004 at 02:23 AM. )

typoon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 11:59 AM

Originally posted by daimoni:
I listened to the Daschle sound bite on the radio last night. He didn't blame Talk Radio for the Democrats being defeated, but he did imply that listeners of Rush are the types who would act out and do things like send him Anthrax letters, etc. after hearing Rush say something negative about Daschle. Whatever. I'm no fan of Daschle.

Anyway... I thought this was kinda funny.

He complains about "threats" to them, Act out things, I think one of the things they acted out on was not taking the Democrats BS about Republicans wanting to take money from old people, poison the water and air.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 12:27 PM

Daschle's party lost because most Americans aren't liberal.

Thank God.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Nov 21, 2002, 12:33 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jun 4, 2004 at 02:23 AM. )

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 12:38 PM

Yeah. Too bad America doesn't elect its president by "popular vote". I think Iraq does, however.

Lerkfish
Nov 21, 2002, 12:42 PM

Oh how quickly you forget the results of the last general election. You know, the one where Democrats won the popular vote.

:: hides from targeting drone ::
correct. But Even if one more highly regards the electoral vote, it still came down to a difference that was smaller than the margin of error.

So, it would be more accurate to say that the country was roughly evenly divided, at least in voting choice (which does not necessarily mean "liberal" or "conservative"). Actually if you consider both the democratic and green party to be "liberal", there would have been a clear majority of liberals in the last election in BOTH the popular vote and the electoral vote.

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Nov 21, 2002, 12:42 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jun 4, 2004 at 02:24 AM. )

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 01:27 PM

Hey, Republicans have been complaining about the media for decades. Dems are just finally getting around to picking up the same modus operandi.

Justin W. Williams
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2002, 01:35 PM

Daschle is a *********. Every time I see that guy on TV, I just want to throw something at it.
Justin Williams
Chicks Really Dig Me
AIM - iTikki [NEW AND IMPROVED!]
http://www.tikkirulz.com

Korv
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2002, 02:20 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
Yeah. Too bad America doesn't elect its president by "popular vote". I think Iraq does, however.
Actually, Gore won the Electoral College as well. In October of 2001 the final recounts were completed in Florida and Gore won the state. Didn't hear about that, only a few weeks after we were attcked? Guess our minds were on other things. No TV, print, or online media reported the story. Though 2 networks DID report the final recounts in the 4 counties Gore sued in, which he lost.

Bush lost the popular vote, Bush lost the electoral vote, and the Supreme Court put him in power anyway.

I'm not the ****ing crybaby, *******. The Republicans whined their way into office.

maxelson
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 02:24 PM

Originally posted by Justin W. Williams:
Daschle is a *********. Every time I see that guy on TV, I just want to throw something at it.
I'm with ya. Seriously.
Oh, ayuh, Tom. Talk Radio is why the Dems lost their seats. Yuh. Hug that one close.

I'm going to pull your head off because I don't like your head.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by Korv:

Actually, Gore won the Electoral College as well. In October of 2001 the final recounts were completed in Florida and Gore won the state. Didn't hear about that, only a few weeks after we were attcked? Guess our minds were on other things. No TV, print, or online media reported the story. Though 2 networks DID report the final recounts in the 4 counties Gore sued in, which he lost.

Bush lost the popular vote, Bush lost the electoral vote, and the Supreme Court put him in power anyway.

I'm not the ****ing crybaby, *******. The Republicans whined their way into office.
no, I didn't hear about that. I'm guessing you're the only one who did.

The rest of us watched four recounts that consistently showed Dubya had won.

No big deal. AlGore can run again in 2004.

chabig
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 02:29 PM

Actually, Gore won the Electoral College as well. In October of 2001 the final recounts were completed in Florida and Gore won the state.
I don't think Gore ever won an official recount in Florida. Several organization did try to do their own counts, and perhaps one of them did put Gore on top. But the fact that not one news organization reported it sort of makes it suspect, don't you think--given the pro democrat stance of most major news organizations? If even they didn't believe it...

Chris

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 02:29 PM

I'd like to see your proof of this. Florida was won by Bush. Just like I'd like to see Little Crybaby Tom Daschle's proof that Rush ever caused a threat against him.

Revisionist history.

What I DO know, and can back up is that democrats (including President Clinton) in 1995 tried to blame Rush for the Murrah building attack.

People who disagree with Rush never can prove that he is wrong, they just say things like Snuffleupagus saying Rush is an "800 pound talk radio blowhard."

Memo to Limbaugh Haters - he lost 150 pounds a while ago. The fat jokes can only be used to describe Clinton or Gore now.
[ sig removed - image host changed it to a big ad picture ]

Lerkfish
Nov 21, 2002, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by chabig:

I don't think Gore ever won an official recount in Florida. Several organization did try to do their own counts, and perhaps one of them did put Gore on top. But the fact that not one news organization reported it sort of makes it suspect, don't you think--given the pro democrat stance of most major news organizations? If even they didn't believe it...

Chris
LOL> Lerk's Lawļæ½ strikes again.

finboy
Nov 21, 2002, 03:13 PM

Oh how quickly you forget the results of the last general election. You know, the one where Democrats won the popular vote.

:: hides from targeting drone ::
Actually, the results of the LAST general election, the one held a couple of weeks ago, were going to represent a "referendum on the President" according to Begala, Carville and the other slimey Lefty types.

I guess they decided that wasn't the post-election spin to use.

The OTHER last election is a dead horse. Especially since the "referendum on the President" went so well. They can't have it both ways, unless they control the media; in that case, there is NO accountability.

finboy
Nov 21, 2002, 03:15 PM

[bongdraw] gurgle [/bongdraw]

Dude, I'm with you.

Lerkfish
Nov 21, 2002, 03:16 PM

Originally posted by finboy:
.....according to Begala, Carville and the other slimey Lefty types.
I'm pretty sure Simey isn't a Lefty...er...oh.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by Lerkfish:

I'm pretty sure Simey isn't a Lefty...er...oh.
LOL

Simey is not entirely sure where he stands, all he knows is he is on the right-ish side of the fence. In many ways he is like old Icelandic right-wing politicans. 19th century types. Hm

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 04:54 PM

LOL

Simey is not entirely sure where he stands, all he knows is he is on the right-ish side of the fence. In many ways he is like old Icelandic right-wing politicans. 19th century types. Hm
Is this a complement or an insult or something in between? I'm not up on my 19th Century Icelandic right-wing politicians.

BTW, I am a lefty. Left-handed that is.

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 04:59 PM

Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:

Is this a complement or an insult or something in between? I'm not up on my 19th Century Icelandic right-wing politicians.

BTW, I am a lefty. Left-handed that is.
Ah, that would could be taken either way. Insult or complement. I can tell you many people here in Iceland would take it as a compliment.... It's kind of being compared to president Eisenhower or even better: Winston Churchill.

Usama's Carcase
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 21, 2002, 05:02 PM

knowing voodoo, it is a veiled insult, which means he doesn't want to take the heat for making an obvious one.

on topic: daschle is a political idiot, and he and that dumbass crook mcauliffe seriously underestimated the American people's (current, though possibly fleeting) leanings. they deserve what they got, which was a huge, humiliating loss handed to them on a silver platter.

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 05:05 PM

Ah, that would could be taken either way. Insult or complement. I can tell you many people here in Iceland would take it as a compliment.... It's kind of being compared to president Eisenhower or even better: Winston Churchill.

Oh how awful! Comparing me to President Eisenhower or Winston Churchill! You cad!

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 05:19 PM

Yeah, the Republicans whined their way into office. Never mind that they WON ELECTIONS.

If you could whine your way into office, Daschle would be King.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 05:23 PM

The demonization of Daschle by Limbaugh et al. has been truly amazing. Has it caused threats against him? I wouldn't doubt it one bit, but it's probably difficult to prove.

Spinsanity, a site that looks at absurd rhetoric by both sides, has been following it. Here's one example.

And it is true that there has been a coordinated effort on the part of Republicans, latched on to by Limbaugh et al., to make Daschle the Democratic bogeyman a la Newt Gingrich. Spinsanity refers to a Washington Times article by Chris Boyer in which Republicans go on record stating that is true.

ringo
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2002, 05:23 PM

Daschle's party lost because most Americans aren't liberal.

Thank God.
Bah, voter turnout indicates that most Americans don't give a shit about who's in office.

~ 25% Liberal
~ 25% Conservative
~ 50% Apathetic, disillusioned, anarchist, or convicted of a felony

Millennium
Clinically Insane
Nov 21, 2002, 05:28 PM

Look. Things in the US are basically as they were two years ago, with a roughly even split between liberal and conservative.

The Dems needed good PR after the Toricelli episode. They decided to try and get it, using the convenient timing of Wellstone's memorial service. The idea was to rally their faithful to vote. Unfortunately, not only did it fail to do this, it pissed off the undecideds. And in an election which is predicted to be so close and so pivotal, pissing off the undecideds is a death sentence. That's what happened. Sorry, Daschle, but this time you have no one to blame but yourselves.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

Jansar
Professional Poster
Nov 21, 2002, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by davesimondotcom:

Yeah, the Republicans whined their way into office. Never mind that they WON ELECTIONS.

If you could whine your way into office, Daschle would be King.
Daschle is the King of all whiners. He is also a scumbag, a sore loser, and an incompetent loser.

Where would our country be if Democrats had control over office? (This could turn out to be a US tragedy)
World of Warcraft (Whisperwind - Alliance) <The Eternal Spiral>
Go Dogcows!

Usama's Carcase
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 21, 2002, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by ringo:

Bah, voter turnout indicates that most Americans don't give a shit about who's in office.

~ 25% Liberal
~ 25% Conservative
~ 50% Apathetic, disillusioned, anarchist, or convicted of a felony
I'll agree that many are disillusioned/disenfranchised and fed up with politics and politicians, but I also think that most care who is in office when there is a noticeable difference in the candidates and the potential ramifications a change (or continuing the status quo) might have. this time around, Americans saw a difference, and they sided with Bush and his party. daschle took it up the butt, big-time. the dems better get it together and fast, or else Bush is looking at another term in office.

I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by BRussell:
Spinsanity, a site that looks at absurd rhetoric by both sides, has been following it. Here's one example.
That's a great site - thanks. Rush and Moore fans alike should read it and get some sense knocked into them.

The Democrats are where the Republicans were in '96 - adrift, no leadership. Gephardt and Daschle are dweebs. Gephardt has been trying to run for President since about 1910 and never gets anywhere, yet he's thinking of trying again. Get a clue. Daschle was effective when he had Clinton batting clean-up, but now he seems to be grasping at straws. Like him or not, Clinton knew how to work a room. These guys couldn't work a toaster.

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2002, 06:33 PM

The best summarization of the Democrats predicament comes from Harry Truman who said something like: When it comes to a choice between a pretend Republican and a real Republican, they'll vote for the real Republican every time.
( Last edited by mr. natural; Nov 21, 2002 at 06:55 PM. )

voodoo
Posting Junkie
Nov 21, 2002, 06:44 PM

Originally posted by Usama's Carcase:
knowing voodoo, it is a veiled insult, which means he doesn't want to take the heat for making an obvious one.
Apparently you don't know me... I have no qualms about giving direct or veiled insults, but I think you know that. Your joke is boring, your charcter is strangely insulting and frankly you are tiresome. Give it up already.

There

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 07:01 PM

The demonization of Daschle by Limbaugh et al. has been truly amazing. Has it caused threats against him? I wouldn't doubt it one bit, but it's probably difficult to prove.
Speaking of Demonizing, isn't it democrats and other left-leaners who had bumper stickers that said "RUSH IS REICH"? Don't they consistantly call him the "most divisive man in politics?"

I listen to Rush nearly every day. I've never felt hatred for Daschle, Clinton or Gore. I don't like their politics, so what? I don't hate them. Rush even mentioned that topic today because of a clip of Chris Matthews asking Hillary if "Rush Limbaugh Listeners" really knew her would they still hate her. I don't hate Hillary. I just think she's a power hungry liberal liar.

Rush's "diatribe" about Daschle being the devil came right after Daschle's crying, pouting speech in which he accused the President of saying democrats weren't with him in the War on Terror. (What the President said, which is true, is that Daschle and the Senate had held up the Homeland Security bill.)

And it is true that there has been a coordinated effort on the part of Republicans, latched on to by Limbaugh et al., to make Daschle the Democratic bogeyman a la Newt Gingrich. Spinsanity refers to a Washington Times article by Chris Boyer in which Republicans go on record stating that is true.
Well, the difference that I find between Daschle and Newt is pretty obvious (other than Newt's rather large advantage in brain power.)

Newt was made to be the devil by the Clintons - elected officials (well, an elected official and his co-President) with a bully pulpit. They accused him of wanting to starve children (school lunch program got an increase, but not as much as the Dems wanted), kill social security (he wanted to investigate privatizing) etc.

Democrats lose credibility when they whine about being made out to be the bad guy but run ads showing President Bush killing old ladies. Well, that's assuming they have any credibility left (some don't).

zigzag
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 07:34 PM

Speaking of Demonizing, isn't it democrats and other left-leaners who had bumper stickers that said "RUSH IS REICH"? Don't they consistantly call him the "most divisive man in politics?"
This is supposed to hurt the feelings of someone who made a fortune calling people "Femi-Nazis"? I mean, I don't care if he calls people Femi-Nazis, but let's be honest about the fact that there is no shortage of rhetoric from either side.

Rush's "diatribe" about Daschle being the devil came right after Daschle's crying, pouting speech in which he accused the President of saying democrats weren't with him in the War on Terror. (What the President said, which is true, is that Daschle and the Senate had held up the Homeland Security bill.)

. . . Newt was made to be the devil by the Clintons - elected officials (well, an elected official and his co-President) with a bully pulpit. They accused him of wanting to starve children (school lunch program got an increase, but not as much as the Dems wanted), kill social security (he wanted to investigate privatizing) etc.

Democrats lose credibility when they whine about being made out to be the bad guy but run ads showing President Bush killing old ladies. Well, that's assuming they have any credibility left (some don't).
I don't disagree with anything you say about the Democrats - Daschle played that one badly - but I worry that listening to Rush every day is causing your memory to be overly selective. Bush on the stump saying that Democrats don't care about national security is no less hollow and rhetorical. It's classic politics, both ways. The Republicans just have the upper hand for the time being.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 07:52 PM

I listen to Rush nearly every day.
Really??!!?? I'm shocked! I'd have never guessed it!
Well, the difference that I find between Daschle and Newt is pretty obvious (other than Newt's rather large advantage in brain power.)

Newt was made to be the devil by the Clintons - elected officials (well, an elected official and his co-President) with a bully pulpit.
The Clintons demonized Newt? Ha. You didn't follow his career before 1992, did you? He made his career on political assassination. Would you like me to go into detail? Daschle, on the other hand, was always this bland Senator from South Dakota, and then he became majority leader, and then the Brit Hume - Rush Limbaugh - Ari Fleischer hit squad came out on him.
The spinsanity site discusses that. The supposedly liberal media didn't tell the truth about it. The president specifically said that the Senate was not interested in the security of the American people. And BTW, who proposed that bill? Lieberman, a senate Democrat and Bush's opponent in 2000. And who opposed the bill for months? George Bush. For him to say the senate was holding up his homeland security bill is laughable. And another BTW, I have a ton of quotes from people accusing Daschle of being not only the devil but unpatriotic, etc. etc. Want to challenge me to produce them?
Democrats lose credibility when they whine about being made out to be the bad guy but run ads showing President Bush killing old ladies.
I agree with you. The Republicans have been whining incessantly about being media victims for decades, and I don't think Democrats should start. They should just hit back twice as hard.

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 08:05 PM

The Clintons demonized Newt? Ha. You didn't follow his career before 1992, did you? He made his career on political assassination.
I did follow Newt before 1992. In fact, I used to listen to tapes he sent out to his GOPAC members that my father would get when I was 10, 12 years old. He's probably the reason I'm a conservative.

If you see him nowadays, he's probably one of the rare figures who debates calmly, citing facts.

Newt is a very intelligent man. It's too bad he allowed himself to be made into the devil by Democrats. But, I think he took the hits like a gentleman.

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2002, 08:09 PM

Does anyone remember back in 1994 when some radio dumbass gave G. Gordon Liddy a talk show?

G. Gordon Liddy from his talk show, 26 August 1994:

Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests. ļæ½ They've got a big target on there, ATF. Don't shoot at that because they've got a vest on underneath that. Head shot, head shots. ļæ½ Kill the sons of bitches.
Last I checked, Limbaugh has *NEVER* advocated anything like this, nor has he ever hinted at anything along these lines.

Count me in with voodoo, ringo, and Millenium on this one, the Democraps fucked themselves on this one.
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

typoon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 08:56 PM

Actually the correct term is "Most dangerous Man in America"

mr. natural
Mac Elite
Nov 21, 2002, 09:02 PM

As BRussell points out, you got this all wrong. But my quibble is two-fold on another front.

1) Just as you are so often fond of reminding us about gun laws not stopping murders committed with guns, this Homeland Security bill will not likely stop terrorists from committing acts of terror against us. In essence, this bill has nothing to do with stopping Bin Laden terrorism -- that will come only when we get the fack out of sucking up oil from a particular un-democratic middle east monarchy; in fact when we quit our middle east oil addiction altogether. Until then, brace yourself for more terrorist madness.

2) I wish the Senate had more spine to derail this Homeland Security bill, because as presently construed, the only security at risk is your and my privacy rights! As a professed libertarian, you of all people should be outraged at the ability the government now, or will soon, have its disposal to collate and peruse all facets of your heretofore semi-private/public transactions, including posting on this here forum.

(Not that I honesty believe the government will ever be able to make any sense from all this data mining in the hope of stopping terrorists, but nonetheless, it is something to justifiably fear.)

Of course, a small but not surprising irony is that of all the information they will have at their disposal -- including every credit card purchase you make, every magazine you subscribe to, medical prescription you fill, every web site you visit or e-mail you send and receive, bank deposit or withdrawal you make, to add with all the public information they already have via passport application, driver's license, IRS statements, any and all public transactions, etc. -- the one bit of information not deemed worthy of collecting has to do with your ownership of a gun!

What a sick joke this all is.

typoon  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 09:03 PM

Originally posted by zigzag:

I don't disagree with anything you say about the Democrats - Daschle played that one badly - but I worry that listening to Rush every day is causing your memory to be overly selective. Bush on the stump saying that Democrats don't care about national security is no less hollow and rhetorical. It's classic politics, both ways. The Republicans just have the upper hand for the time being.
Well considering Daschle voted no for the First gulf War and then again voted no and obstructed the homeland security bill I would say that he doesn't care about National security. Democrats cutting the military all these years as well as intelligence gathering also shows that they don't really care about Natioal security. The biggest one of all, Bill Clinton not taking Bin Ladin 3 times when it was basically offered to him on a silver platter. That show how much they care about National Security.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 21, 2002, 09:32 PM

Originally posted by typoon:
Well considering Daschle voted no for the First gulf War and then again voted no and obstructed the homeland security bill I would say that he doesn't care about National security.
And how exactly would voting for the Gulf War in 1991 have promoted national security? And again about the homeland security bill - it was proposed by senate democrats, and Bush opposed it until he got in the political hotseat about his administration's failures re: 9/11. So did Bush not care about national security when he opposed the whole thing for all those months after 9/11? Or does only Daschle not care about it because he wanted one provision regarding personnel changed?

What's pathetic is that Bush and the Republicans have used 9/11 to their political advantage. Bush was low in popularity until several thousand Americans were killed, and then he went into denial that anything should be changed until it came out that his administration really could have and should have prevented 9/11. Then all of a sudden he's for the homeland security bill.

Max Cleland, who lost three of four limbs fighting in Vietnam, was accused of being unpatriotic and pro-terrorist because he wanted changes to personnel provisions in the homeland security bill. Uh-huh.
Democrats cutting the military all these years as well as intelligence gathering also shows that they don't really care about Natioal security.
Hmm, was it not Dubya's father who cut the military? Most of the cuts that occurred during Clinton's term were initiated under GHW Bush.
The biggest one of all, Bill Clinton not taking Bin Ladin 3 times when it was basically offered to him on a silver platter.
I'm not sure where the three times comes in, but yes, he screwed up when he could have gotten him from the Sudan. However, who opposed Clinton when he DID try to get bin Laden in Afghanistan? Yes, that's right, the Republicans. So did the Republicans care about national security when they criticized Clinton for sending bombs at bin Laden?

daimoni
Occasionally Quoted
Nov 21, 2002, 11:18 PM

( Last edited by daimoni; Jun 4, 2004 at 02:24 AM. )

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2002, 12:20 AM

I wuv it when BRussell layeth the smack down!

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Nov 22, 2002, 12:41 AM

Where? I must have missed it.

Lerkfish
Nov 22, 2002, 12:45 AM

FWIW, I dont have that bumper sticker, nor have even heard of it until now....what, am I missing out? where is that liberal accessories catalog, anyways?
Seriously, Rush has inflated his own importance here by claiming liberals are out to get him. I frankly don't listen to him and don't care about him, he is so NOT a blip on my radar.
I listen to Rush nearly every day.
whatever makes your boat float.
I don't hate Hillary. I just think she's a power hungry liberal liar.
I think this is the funniest and shortest piece of self-cluelessness I've read all day. Reread it to yourself until it sinks in what you just said.

Well, however you want to rationalize it, Bush HAS tried to characterize democrats as unpatriotic in order to browbeat them to grease the skids on any of his proposals. That's dirty pool in my book. Every piece of legislature that comes down the pike SHOULD be debated, that's what they are elected to do. Rubber Stamping the president simply because we are in a crisis is a dangerous stance to adopt.
I don't have enough of a strong opinion on Daschle either way, I"m no big fan but no big detractor, either. But I would never hold up Newt as an intellectual or paragon of virtue or ethical character in any circumstance.

Newt was made to be the devil by the Clintons - elected officials (well, an elected official and his co-President) with a bully pulpit. They accused him of wanting to starve children (school lunch program got an increase, but not as much as the Dems wanted), kill social security (he wanted to investigate privatizing) etc.
with a straight face you say people who opposed Newt used a bully pulpit? What would you call Newt's "contract on america" except a bully pulpit? Don't get me started on privatizing social security (side issue) it falls under the category of "really bad idea".

PorscheBunny
Mac Elite
Nov 22, 2002, 12:47 AM

Where? I must have missed it.
Spliff =>

Right there.
*LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: THE BITCH HAS LEFT TEH BUILDING*

davesimondotcom
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 22, 2002, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by mr. natural:
1) Just as you are so often fond of reminding us about gun laws not stopping murders committed with guns, this Homeland Security bill will not likely stop terrorists from committing acts of terror against us. In essence, this bill has nothing to do with stopping Bin Laden terrorism -- that will come only when we get the fack out of sucking up oil from a particular un-democratic middle east monarchy; in fact when we quit our middle east oil addiction altogether. Until then, brace yourself for more terrorist madness.
When did I proclaim my support for the Homeland Security bill? It kind of bothers me to think that the government is getting BIGGER.

Forum Links
Forum Rules