Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > got my tibook 1ghz / superdrive today from apple store

got my tibook 1ghz / superdrive today from apple store
iobuffa
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2002, 12:57 AM

called up the wellington store and they had 6 in stock. the guy was nice enough to hold one for me til i got there.

using it now and trying not to drool all over the nice new keyboard. this thing is fast...im afraid my dp800 may not see as much action as before.

im happy i finally got a tibook. the slot loading superdrive is very nice! this thing is ultra quiet, i can hear my dp800 in the other room and i cant even hear this. running on battery for about 3 hours now and its still going strong. i highly recommend getting one of these. at $3k, somehow i believe its a bargain.
iobuffa
switcher as of oct 2001

maxintosh
Mac Elite
Nov 23, 2002, 01:00 AM

Congrats! My new TiBook 1Ghz/Combo has been sitting in my house for a week now. *sniff* I can't wait to get back and crack it open!

iobuffa  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 23, 2002, 01:03 AM

thanks a bunch! now i need to scour the forums for suggestions on cases and stuff. i gotta protect this baby well
iobuffa
switcher as of oct 2001

Simon X
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2002, 05:34 PM

Went along to MacExpo today and placed my order for a TiBook w/Superdrive. Apple set up an Apple Store at the show which worked out to be a great idea in that you could haggle with the staff to get the best deal. I kept complaining about the how Apple pulled the double you ram deal from their store only a couple of days ago and how I didn't fancy paying Apple's prices to upgrade to a Gig of ram. After much toing and frowing they more than halved the price of an extra 215Mbs of ram. Still slightly more expensive than others but not by much.

They also allowed me the special offer on the Nikon Coolpix 2500 digital camera that is only available when purchased with any dvd Mac other than the Powerbook, I hadn't read the small print properly. Ordered that for �89 when normally �269.

Also included the AppleCare PowerBook protection plan. Whilst not cheap at �279 suits me well as it allows 3years world wide cover.

And lastly ordered the Mobility pack which includes the Kensington Pocket Mouse Pro (2 button optical with retractable cable), Kensington Saddlebag with Apple logo and Apacer 64MB USB Handy drive. To good an offer to refuse. The bag looks good but am a bit worried about having the Apple logo on the front whilst travelling day to day around London.

So as you can guess I'm very pleased and can't wait for it all to appear.

But one last thing. The thing that makes it all even sweeter and the cost of all this seem far less. I bought all this with 0% interest over 6 months. Not bad or what?

RMXO
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2002, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by Simon X:
Went along to MacExpo today and placed my order for a TiBook w/Superdrive. Apple set up an Apple Store at the show which worked out to be a great idea in that you could haggle with the staff to get the best deal. I kept complaining about the how Apple pulled the double you ram deal from their store only a couple of days ago and how I didn't fancy paying Apple's prices to upgrade to a Gig of ram. After much toing and frowing they more than halved the price of an extra 215Mbs of ram. Still slightly more expensive than others but not by much.

They also allowed me the special offer on the Nikon Coolpix 2500 digital camera that is only available when purchased with any dvd Mac other than the Powerbook, I hadn't read the small print properly. Ordered that for �when normally �.

Also included the AppleCare PowerBook protection plan. Whilst not cheap at � suits me well as it allows 3years world wide cover.

And lastly ordered the Mobility pack which includes the Kensington Pocket Mouse Pro (2 button optical with retractable cable), Kensington Saddlebag with Apple logo and Apacer 64MB USB Handy drive. To good an offer to refuse. The bag looks good but am a bit worried about having the Apple logo on the front whilst travelling day to day around London.

So as you can guess I'm very pleased and can't wait for it all to appear.

But one last thing. The thing that makes it all even sweeter and the cost of all this seem far less. I bought all this with 0% interest over 6 months. Not bad or what?
congrats. how was the expo? MacExpo SF is gonna be my first Mac expo. what did u think of it?
MacBook Pro 15" Unibody | iPhone 16GB 3G

Simon X
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2002, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by RMXO:

congrats. how was the expo? MacExpo SF is gonna be my first Mac expo. what did u think of it?
Thanks. Been waiting to upgrade from my B&W G3.

The Expo was good. On par with last year, though last year had that sense of excitement as OS X was so fresh and all those new X apps to see. However this year was good as there were just so many deals to be had.

I remember the days when we had an AppleExpo here in the UK as well. So I'm an old hand. They current MacExpo may not be as large but they're still good events to check out.

One thing I've noticed about these events is that they bring out the freaks. I didn't mean Mac freaks as in Mac geeks, but down right freaks which ever way you look at them. There's always a few who just walk up to any Mac, even if it's not meant as a demo machine and start playing around with it. And then there's the ones who just hover by the demo guys and just monkey around with all the buttons even though you can tell they have no use or interest in the app being demonstrated. For example when I was waiting to speak to the Final Cut demo guy some freaky guy stood by us just randomly pressing all the buttons thereby screwing up what was on display. Weird.

Forum Links
Forum Rules