Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > macOS > Modify size of OSX Finder's Find windows?

Modify size of OSX Finder's Find windows?
asxless
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2002, 10:12 AM

I recently read a great hack to increase the size of the OSX Finder's Find windows to allow more items in the 'Specific places' dialog widget, etc. But I can't remember where I read it. Worse yet searching in the usual places hasn't turned up anything close. So...

Does anyone know where this hack was posted? or how to increase the size of the OSX Finder's Find window?

TIA - asxless in iLand

asxless  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2002, 03:56 PM

Surely one of the OS X Aces in this forum saw the orginal Find window size hack or knows which plist, resource, etc. would need to be hacked.

asxless in iLand

BTW I have already used the search function on a half dozen Mac sites & Google to no avail.

dr. zoidberg
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2002, 07:17 PM

hmm... so that you don�t have to scroll if you have more places, or what do you mean??
"And Zapp Brannigan, your score qualifies you as assistant delivery boy, second class."
"Hmm. I guess I'll have to sleep my way to the top. Kif, wake me when I'm there."

asxless  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 9, 2002, 12:24 AM

Originally posted by dr. zoidberg:
hmm... so that you don�t have to scroll if you have more places, or what do you mean??
Yes. The original hack allowed you to set the size of both the Find window and the "specific places" scrolling windowlet. So those of us who partition our drives and/or wish to selectively search several mounted networked volumes can see the entire list without scrolling. I _think_ the original hack included the ability to set the size and placement of the results window as well.

asxless in iLand

Forum Links
Forum Rules